    smtp.comcast.net,port 587. Server settings: POP mail server,
    mail.comcast.net Port 110. Have turned off PC-cillin outgoing mail check.
    Suggestions? Thanks, HarryB
    =?Utf-8?B?aGFycnloYg==?=, Apr 30, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?aGFycnloYg==?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    set up smtp for SSL on port 465.
    http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=EmailOutlook_Express17717
    is for outlook express, but you should be able to setup Thunderbird
    with these settings.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Barb Bowman, Apr 30, 2007

  3. You may need to enable secure server option in the mail client. I believe it
    needs to login with the same credentials on the outgoing mail sever to send
    mail out when you are not connected to Comcast.
    --
    I didn''''''''t'''''''' do it, you can''''''''t prove a thing, and besides
    no one saw a thing.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGFuYWthIE9zaGk=?=, Apr 30, 2007