AT THE LAKE WITH THE 20D !!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Jul 19, 2005.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Jul 19, 2005

  2. Annika1980

    RON Guest

    Annika1980 I have read many post of yours and see you use a Cannon 20D. You
    seem very happy with it and I about ready to buy a new camera. I am looking
    at the Cannon 20D and the Olympus E 300. Both are 8 migs and in dpreviews
    side by side seem to be about equal. The Cannon is about $400.00 more and I
    am not sure if the includes any lens. The Olympus at Costco is $995.00
    including two lenses and a 250 card. Would you take the time to let me know
    what you think of the two cameras and let me know.

    Thanks for the time.

    RON, Jul 19, 2005

  3. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    I am looking at the Cannon 20D and the Olympus E 300. Both are 8 migs
    and in dpreviews side by side seem to be about equal. The Cannon is
    about $400.00 more and I am not sure if the includes any lens. The
    Olympus at Costco is $995.00
    including two lenses and a 250 card. Would you take the time to let me
    know
    what you think of the two cameras and let me know.
    -------------------

    You like Ferraris or Buicks?
    Or as the dpreview site says about the Olympus, "If you're a real
    stickler for image quality however you may wish to consider other
    cameras."

    The Canon 20D is in a different class than the Olympus.
    Perhaps you should compare it to the Digital Rebel?

    Anyway, asking me to choose between Camera A and the amazing 20D will
    give the same answer almost every time. The 20D rules that price
    range. To give a more thorough recommendation would require knowledge
    of your photographic experience and what things you plan to shoot. How
    will you use the camera? How many lenses are you prepared to buy? How
    much can you spend? Will you be printing large photos with it or just
    using it for web work? These are just some of the questions a good
    salesman should ask.

    Anyway, buy the 20D. You only go around once.

    Annika1980, Jul 19, 2005
  4. Annika1980

    SimonLW Guest

    "RON" <> wrote in message
    > Annika1980 I have read many post of yours and see you use a Cannon 20D.

    You
    > seem very happy with it and I about ready to buy a new camera. I am

    looking
    > at the Cannon 20D and the Olympus E 300. Both are 8 migs and in dpreviews
    > side by side seem to be about equal. The Cannon is about $400.00 more and

    > am not sure if the includes any lens. The Olympus at Costco is $995.00
    > including two lenses and a 250 card. Would you take the time to let me

    know
    > what you think of the two cameras and let me know.
    >
    > Thanks for the time.
    >
    > "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > > http://www.pbase.com/bret/lake

    With the 20D and Rebel XT and recent pro Canon DSLRs, Canon has mastered
    image quality from a Bayer type sensor configuration. Good noise
    performance, virtually nonexistent sharpening halos, no moiré issues, no
    aliasing patterns with lines at certain angles. It seems other brands give
    good performance, but have a problem with one or more in the above areas.

    Image quality is the number one priority for me, IMO, Canon wins in this
    area. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for their non SLR digital
    cameras although they are not bad.

    It is nice to make large prints from the camera and not have a video look to
    them. My DRebel (original 6mp version), is not quite up to par with the TX
    because it has sharpening halos that give a slight video quality look to the
    prints.

    -S

    SimonLW, Jul 19, 2005
  5. Annika1980

    JohnR66 Guest

    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/lake

    Bret,
    Nice shots. In some cases using the rule of thirds for some of your subjects
    would make them more interesting. It is not a cure all, but I can see where
    it would help in some shots.
    John

    JohnR66, Jul 20, 2005
  6. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Bret,
    Nice shots. In some cases using the rule of thirds for some of your
    subjects
    would make them more interesting. It is not a cure all, but I can see
    where
    it would help in some shots.

    Yep, gotta stick to those formulas!

    But I get your point.