    rooms exist in other AT&T switching centers."

    From: http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70650-0.html?tw=rss.index

    Imhotep
    Imhotep, Apr 14, 2006

  2. Imhotep

    Felix Tilley Guest

    +-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
    +-------------------+ / \
    | | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
    | | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
    @x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
    \||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
    \||/ | | | jgs (______Y______)

    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    Felix Tilley, Apr 14, 2006

  3. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Felix Tilley wrote:

    > On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 20:52:36 -0400, Imhotep wrote:
    >
    >> "The documents, which the EFF filed under a temporary seal last
    >> Wednesday, purportedly detail how AT&T diverts internet traffic to the
    >> National Security Agency via a secret room in San Francisco and allege
    >> that such rooms exist in other AT&T switching centers."
    >>
    >> From: http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70650-0.html?tw=rss.index
    >>
    >> Imhotep

    > +-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
    > | PLEASE DO NOT | :.:\:\:/:/:.:
    > | FEED THE TROLLS | :=.' - - '.=:
    > | | '=(\ 9 9 /)='
    > | Thank you, | ( (_) )
    > | Management | /`-vvv-'\
    > +-------------------+ / \
    > | | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
    > | | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
    > @x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
    > \||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
    > \||/ | | | jgs (______Y______)
    >
    > /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

    Why do you not take your own advice...dipshit.

    Imhotep
    Imhotep, Apr 14, 2006
  4. Imhotep

    Wayne Guest

    Imhotep wrote:
    > "The documents, which the EFF filed under a temporary seal last Wednesday,
    > purportedly detail how AT&T diverts internet traffic to the National
    > Security Agency via a secret room in San Francisco and allege that such
    > rooms exist in other AT&T switching centers."
    >
    > From: http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70650-0.html?tw=rss.index
    >
    > Imhotep

    This is old news, and has been proven to be a myth.

    A similar occurance was discovered when Australian internet traffic was
    routed through Pine Gap - this was proven to be false.

    Traffic was being redirected because of a dead link.
    Wayne, Apr 14, 2006
  5. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Wayne wrote:

    > Imhotep wrote:
    >> "The documents, which the EFF filed under a temporary seal last
    >> Wednesday, purportedly detail how AT&T diverts internet traffic to the
    >> National Security Agency via a secret room in San Francisco and allege
    >> that such rooms exist in other AT&T switching centers."
    >>
    >> From: http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70650-0.html?tw=rss.index
    >>
    >> Imhotep

    > This is old news, and has been proven to be a myth.
    >
    > A similar occurance was discovered when Australian internet traffic was
    > routed through Pine Gap - this was proven to be false.
    >
    > Traffic was being redirected because of a dead link.

    You have heard of the US Project Carnivore right? This was not a myth. This
    was a project to force US ISPs to redirect email through a US NSA system
    that scanned emails looking for key words. Project Carnivore is supposed
    now defunct and has been replaced by another system. WHat that system is,
    is still unknown.

    If yo have proof that this is a myth, I am all ears but, please, include
    information.

    Imhotep
    Imhotep, Apr 14, 2006
  6. Imhotep

    donnie Guest

    On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 23:57:43 +1000, Wayne <> wrote:

    >This is old news, and has been proven to be a myth.

    How do we know that? Who proved that for us?
    I would like to know why the major AV companies that supposedly find
    trojans and the like, don't find what I term as 'proprietary trojans'
    That is trojans from so called ethical companies.
    donnie, Apr 14, 2006
  7. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    donnie wrote:

    > On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 23:57:43 +1000, Wayne <> wrote:
    >
    >>This is old news, and has been proven to be a myth.

    > How do we know that? Who proved that for us?
    > I would like to know why the major AV companies that supposedly find
    > trojans and the like, don't find what I term as 'proprietary trojans'
    > That is trojans from so called ethical companies.

    Excellent point!

    Imhotep
    Imhotep, Apr 14, 2006
  8. On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 12:51:31 -0400, Imhotep
    <> wrote:

    > Project Carnivore is supposed
    >now defunct and has been replaced by another system. WHat that >system is,
    >is still unknown.

    I recall they just changed the name to something less
    alarming.

    Belch or something ;)

    I think it's been pretty well shown they get overwhelmed
    with data, and then hire the wrong people to translate for
    them.
    little green man, Apr 16, 2006
  9. On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 23:57:43 +1000, Wayne
    <> wrote:

    >Imhotep wrote:
    >> "The documents, which the EFF filed under a temporary seal last Wednesday,
    >> purportedly detail how AT&T diverts internet traffic to the National
    >> Security Agency via a secret room in San Francisco and allege that such
    >> rooms exist in other AT&T switching centers."
    >>
    >> From: http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70650-0.html?tw=rss.index
    >>
    >> Imhotep

    >This is old news, and has been proven to be a myth.
    >
    >A similar occurance was discovered when Australian internet traffic was
    >routed through Pine Gap - this was proven to be false.
    >
    >Traffic was being redirected because of a dead link.

    Suggest you contact the various news agencies and get your
    stories out there. We'd love to see the documentation.
    review committee, Apr 16, 2006
  10. On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 21:19:28 -0700, review committee wrote:

    >On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 23:57:43 +1000, Wayne
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Imhotep wrote:
    >>> "The documents, which the EFF filed under a temporary seal last Wednesday,
    >>> purportedly detail how AT&T diverts internet traffic to the National
    >>> Security Agency via a secret room in San Francisco and allege that such
    >>> rooms exist in other AT&T switching centers."
    >>>
    >>> From: http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70650-0.html?tw=rss.index
    >>>
    >>> Imhotep

    >>This is old news, and has been proven to be a myth.
    >>
    >>A similar occurance was discovered when Australian internet traffic was
    >>routed through Pine Gap - this was proven to be false.
    >>
    >>Traffic was being redirected because of a dead link.

    >Suggest you contact the various news agencies and get your
    >stories out there. We'd love to see the documentation.

    http://www.narus.com/products/index.html

    http://www.narus.com/partners/index.html

    Technology Partners

    Narus has selected the following technology partners for their
    best-of-breed products, services and business practices to complement
    and complete the Narus’ solutions.

    Over the past 20 years, Pen-Link Ltd. has developed two core software
    products for telecommunications intelligence collection, recording,
    monitoring, analysis, and reporting: Pen-Link 8 and LINCOLN 2.
    Together, these two software technologies provide a complete system
    solution for any electronic surveillance (wire line, wireless,
    satellite, ISP or VoIP). Pen-Link clients include the State
    Department, Department of Homeland Security, US Marshals, US Secret
    Service, and hundreds of state and local law enforcement agencies.

    ManTech International Corporation is a leading provider of innovative
    technologies and solutions for mission-critical national security
    programs for the Intelligence Community; and the Departments of
    Defense, State, Homeland Security, and Justice; the Space Community;
    and other U.S. federal government customers. ManTech's expertise
    includes systems engineering, systems integration, technology and
    software development, enterprise security architecture, information
    assurance, intelligence operations support, network and critical
    infrastructure protection, information technology, communications
    integration and engineering support.

    Global Channel Partners

    Datacraft markets and supports Narus’ high performance IP security,
    monitoring and traffic classification solutions. Datacraft is the
    leading independent IT services and solutions company in Asia Pacific.
    Datacraft combines expertise in networking, security, operating
    environments, storage and contact centre technologies, with advanced
    skills in consulting, integration and managed services, to craft IT
    solutions for businesses. A member of the Dimension Data Group,
    Datacraft is listed on the main board of the Singapore Exchange, and
    is a component company of the Straits Times Index. Datacraft spans
    more than 50 major offices and has over 1,100 employees across 13 Asia
    Pacific markets.

    Giza Systems of Egypt, has licensed Narus’ comprehensive portfolio of
    real-time traffic insight products in the Middle East region. Giza
    Systems, a world-class systems provider of telecommunications
    solutions in the Middle East, delivers ultra-high performance IP
    security, monitoring and traffic classification solutions in Egypt,
    Saudi Arabia and Palestine using the Narus system. Giza Systems, a
    premier systems integrator and solution provider, supplies the local
    and regional markets with the latest technologies in IT solutions.
    Giza Systems covers a wide spectrum of the economy, such as Telecom,
    Enterprise, Oil & Gas, Utilities, Manufacturing, Government and
    Banking sectors.

    VeriSign offers the entire suite of Narus products to its global
    customer base as managed services or licensed software. This includes
    capabilities for security, traffic analysis and lawful intercept.
    VeriSign, Inc. operates intelligent infrastructure services that
    enable and protect billions of interactions every day across the
    world’s voice and data networks. Every day, VeriSign processes as many
    as 15 billion Internet interactions and facilitate over 100 million
    telephony queries. VeriSign also provides the services that help over
    3,000 enterprises and 450,000 Web sites to operate securely, reliably,
    and efficiently.

    A points to a Wired interview of Mark Klein and Klein's statement:

    http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70621-0.html?tw=wn_index_1

    __________

    New York Times, 7 April 2006

    Court Filings Tell of Internet Spying

    WASHINGTON, April 6 — A former AT&T technician said on Thursday that
    the company cooperated with the National Security Agency in 2003 to
    install equipment capable of "vacuum-cleaner surveillance" of e-mail
    messages and other Internet traffic.

    A statement by the technician, Mark Klein, and several company
    documents he saved after retiring in 2004, were filed on Wednesday in
    a class-action lawsuit against AT&T. The suit, filed in January in
    federal court in San Francisco by the Electronic Frontier Foundation,
    a civil liberties group, says the company helped the security agency
    invade its customers' privacy. The documents provided by Mr. Klein
    were filed under seal because of concerns about disclosing proprietary
    information.

    Mr. Klein's documents, some of which he had provided to The New York
    Times, describe a room at the AT&T Internet and telephone hub in San
    Francisco that contained a piece of equipment that could sift through
    large volumes of Internet traffic.
    Stop 0x000001E, Apr 17, 2006
  11. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    little green man wrote:

    > On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 12:51:31 -0400, Imhotep
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Project Carnivore is supposed
    >>now defunct and has been replaced by another system. WHat that >system is,
    >>is still unknown.

    > I recall they just changed the name to something less
    > alarming.
    >
    > Belch or something ;)
    >
    > I think it's been pretty well shown they get overwhelmed
    > with data, and then hire the wrong people to translate for
    > them.

    Agreed. I just don't like the general move by many Gov's lately. The US gov
    and Google, carnivore (or whatever the name is now). I sincerely think that
    gov's are getting nervous now that information can not be as tightly
    controlled as in the past....but that is just me waering my tinfoil hat...

    Imhotep
    Imhotep, Apr 17, 2006
  12. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Stop 0x000001E wrote:

> [...]

    > install equipment capable of "vacuum-cleaner surveillance" of e-mail
    > messages and other Internet traffic.
    >
    > A statement by the technician, Mark Klein, and several company
    > documents he saved after retiring in 2004, were filed on Wednesday in
    > a class-action lawsuit against AT&T. The suit, filed in January in
    > federal court in San Francisco by the Electronic Frontier Foundation,
    > a civil liberties group, says the company helped the security agency
    > invade its customers' privacy. The documents provided by Mr. Klein
    > were filed under seal because of concerns about disclosing proprietary
    > information.
    >
    > Mr. Klein's documents, some of which he had provided to The New York
    > Times, describe a room at the AT&T Internet and telephone hub in San
    > Francisco that contained a piece of equipment that could sift through

    To review committe:

    Was that last post good enough for you?

    Imhotep
    Imhotep, Apr 17, 2006
  13. On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 01:32:16 -0400, Imhotep
    <> wrote:

    >To review committe:
    >
    >Was that last post good enough for you?
    >
    >Imhotep

    Actually I was replying to Wayne ;)
    review committee, Apr 20, 2006
  14. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    review committee wrote:

    > On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 01:32:16 -0400, Imhotep
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>To review committe:
    >>
    >>Was that last post good enough for you?
    >>
    >>Imhotep

    > Actually I was replying to Wayne ;)

    Well, did you "see the documentation" that you were "requesting"...
    Imhotep, Apr 22, 2006
  15. Imhotep

    Robert Guest

    On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 20:52:36 -0400, Imhotep wrote:

    > "The documents, which the EFF filed under a temporary seal last Wednesday,
    > purportedly detail how AT&T diverts internet traffic to the National
    > Security Agency via a secret room in San Francisco and allege that such
    > rooms exist in other AT&T switching centers."
    >
    > From: http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70650-0.html?tw=rss.index
    >
    > Imhotep

    I hope no one finds this surprising.

    --

    Regards
    Robert

    Smile... it increases your face value!

    Robert, Apr 23, 2006
  16. Imhotep

    Nameless Guest

    Hey Folks.....

    I don't exactly know how to say this but...... I would be disappointed with
    AT&T or any other *AMERICAN* company (or individual) that didn't cooperate
    with the NSA. Perhaps you haven't noticed, but our country is at war.

    In my eyes, Mr. Klein is not only a disappointment to AT&T, but also a
    traitor to his country. I wonder why he's being represented by the same
    James J. Brosnahan.... this is the same lawyer that represented John Walker
    Lindh. For those of you with selective memories, Lindh is the Marin County,
    California, man found fighting for the Taliban in Afghanistan. In my
    opinion, Lindh is a traitor too.

    From my perspective, I would rather not know about the kind of information
    being given to the Government. Just let them do what they have to do to
    keep all of us safe in this dangerous world.

    AT&T keep up the good work!!!

    Roger

    Nameless, May 3, 2006
  17. Imhotep

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Wed, 03 May 2006 02:19:09 GMT, "Nameless" <>
    wrote:

    >Perhaps you haven't noticed, but our country is at war.

    Only with truth and freedom.

    Lets recap, America invaded Afghanistan to caputure
    Bin Laden although there is no proof that he was involved
    in terrorism in the United States.

    America invaded Iraq because of of the threat of WMD
    which seem as elusive as Bin Laden.

    Now el presidente wants to invade Iran because its
    alleged they are planning to develop nuclear weapon like
    Israel and Pakistan and India have already done.

    Meantime people are being held and tortured without
    trial or access to justice.

    Yes there is a 'war' going on but perhaps a computer
    security group is not the best place to discuss it.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, May 3, 2006
  18. Imhotep

    donnie Guest

    wrote:

    >Hey Folks.....
    >
    >I don't exactly know how to say this but...... I would be disappointed with
    >AT&T or any other *AMERICAN* company (or individual) that didn't cooperate
    >with the NSA. Perhaps you haven't noticed, but our country is at war.

    Actually, it's not a war, it's an occupation. It was even called
    Occupation Iraqi Freedom, remember? It wasn't that long ago. Noone
    was really freed, in fact, more Iraqi's were put in jail but that's
    anther story.
    donnie, May 3, 2006
  19. Jim Watt wrote:

    > On Wed, 03 May 2006 02:19:09 GMT, "Nameless" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Perhaps you haven't noticed, but our country is at war.

    > Only with truth and freedom.

    So you're a "book of the month club" excuse for a technician AND a
    terrorist apologist.

    I suppose there's really no surprises there. As addled minds go, yours is
    as consistent as the next.....
    Borked Pseudo Mailed, May 3, 2006
  20. Imhotep

    Harri Mellin Guest

    In article <>,
    Borked Pseudo Mailed <> wrote:

    > Jim Watt wrote:
    >
    > > On Wed, 03 May 2006 02:19:09 GMT, "Nameless" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>Perhaps you haven't noticed, but our country is at war.

    > > Only with truth and freedom.

    > So you're a "book of the month club" excuse for a technician AND a
    > terrorist apologist.
    >
    > I suppose there's really no surprises there. As addled minds go, yours is
    > as consistent as the next.....

    If you are not with us then you are a terrorist lover?

    Swedish Webcams <http://web.telia.com/~u85529234>
    Harri Mellin, May 3, 2006