AT&T Looking for Tier 3 CCIE in San Diego, CA (relocation available)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by MT, Oct 24, 2007.

  1. MT

    MT Guest

    Job Title: Tier 3 Engineer

    Job Location: San Diego, CA

    Job Description:

    Synopsis of Position: This position is responsible for resolving
    customer technical issues concerning implementing networks using
    various vendors' equipment. Must
    be able to manage multiple simultaneous customer cases. Resolve issues
    using laboratory simulations and engineering problem solving
    techniques. Also, developing and maintaining customer relationships
    and disposition including, going to the customer location to
    troubleshoot or make presentations to the customer. Assisting the
    Design Engineer in impact analysis.

    The primary responsibilities are:
    - Analyzing network data/reports to determine if change to
    architecture is required
    - Act as a front-line interface to customers
    - Provide fault isolation and remote troubleshooting
    - Consults on risk analysis of business requirements
    - Establish and implement best practices across the program
    - Development of engineering team
    - Documentation of network
    - Development of implementation plan
    - Configuration management

    Required Degrees/Majors/Accreditations/Skills:
    CCIE certification, 2 to 4 years of college or equivalent post-high
    school education. A degree or certificate in computer science or
    related field. Minimum 8 years of experience in troubleshooting.

    - Strong knowledge of OSPF, IGRP, RIP and BGP required
    - TCP/IP, X.25, SNA/SDLC, Netbeui, IPX and SNMP
    - Solid understanding of LAN/WAN/WLAN and VoIP
    - Strong SMDS, FR, ATM, SONET experience is necessary
    - Good customer service/care skills

    Desired Degrees/Majors/Accreditations/Skills:
    Experienced with protocol analyzer and packet level diagnostics;
    Capable of writing proposals, paper and presentations; Ability to
    solve problems quickly and completely; Ability to identify tasks which
    require automation, and ability to automate them; Familiarity with
    advanced Cisco router and switch commands; Familiarity with Juniper
    security; Solid inter-personal and communication skills; Capable of
    explaining simple and complex procedures in writing or verbally.

    Contact Michele Thompson @ or call 214-576-7850

    MT, Oct 24, 2007

  2. MT

    Intuitive Guest

    Hi Michele,

    I'm not sure that anyone would want to work for AT&T, considering the
    legal case against AT&T.

    I should hope not, anyway.

    http://www.eff.org/cases/att

    ----