At least we truely now know who to ultimately blame for the prolonged HDDVD/blu ray war!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by GMAN, Feb 24, 2008.

  1. GMAN

    GMAN Guest

    http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/02/21/lessons-from-the-death-of-hd-dvd/

    "Through 2005, Toshiba continued to struggle with HD-DVD. The components
    required to to render HD video and display Microsoft’s HDi were similar to a
    low-end PC, and cost roughly $675 just for the bill of materials. That left
    Toshiba with a major hardware loss when trying to sell the players at a $500
    consumer price target. The company was ready to drop HD-DVD that year and join
    the Blu-Ray consortium, but Microsoft pushed it to continue."

    Toshiba was ready to drop HD-DVD in 2005 and join the Blu-Ray consortium, but
    Microsoft pushed it to continue????? FIGURES!!!!!!

    GMAN, Feb 24, 2008

  2. On a pleasant day while strolling in alt.video.dvd, a
    person by the name of GMAN exclaimed:
    > "Through 2005, Toshiba continued to struggle with HD-DVD. The components
    > required to to render HD video and display Microsoft’s HDi were similar to a
    > low-end PC, and cost roughly $675 just for the bill of materials. That left
    > Toshiba with a major hardware loss when trying to sell the players at a $500
    > consumer price target. The company was ready to drop HD-DVD that year and join
    > the Blu-Ray consortium, but Microsoft pushed it to continue."

    Just another in a long line of leemings who think that
    somehow their deal with Microsoft is different from
    everyone before and will work out.

    If you dance with the devil...

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

    Aaron Lawrence, Feb 25, 2008

  3. On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 03:30:51 +1200, Aaron Lawrence
    <> wrote:

    >On a pleasant day while strolling in alt.video.dvd, a
    >person by the name of GMAN exclaimed:
    >> "Through 2005, Toshiba continued to struggle with HD-DVD. The components
    >> required to to render HD video and display Microsoft’s HDi were similar to a
    >> low-end PC, and cost roughly $675 just for the bill of materials. That left
    >> Toshiba with a major hardware loss when trying to sell the players at a $500
    >> consumer price target. The company was ready to drop HD-DVD that year and join
    >> the Blu-Ray consortium, but Microsoft pushed it to continue."

    >Just another in a long line of leemings who think that
    >somehow their deal with Microsoft is different from
    >everyone before and will work out.
    >
    >If you dance with the devil...

    The word is LEMMING, you fucking LemTard!

    You're a goddamned retard.

    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Feb 26, 2008
  4. GMAN

    hose Guest

    "GMAN" <> wrote in message

    > http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/02/21/lessons-from-the-death-of-hd-dvd/
    >

    > "Through 2005, Toshiba continued to struggle with HD-DVD. The components
    > required to to render HD video and display Microsoft's HDi were similar to
    > low-end PC, and cost roughly $675 just for the bill of materials. That
    > left
    > Toshiba with a major hardware loss when trying to sell the players at a
    > $500
    > consumer price target. The company was ready to drop HD-DVD that year and
    > join
    > the Blu-Ray consortium, but Microsoft pushed it to continue."

    another blogger among millions with just alot of conspiracy theories and
    opinions.

    MS is not any different than Sony or any other company, both want to be
    monopolies and profit in #1 and that's not news.

    hose, Feb 26, 2008