    They even do cheap toll charges.
    Don't beleave me?? check it out yourself
    http://www.slingshot.co.nz
    Darryn Hadland, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Darryn Hadland

    Paul Mathews Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:06:25 +1300, "Darryn Hadland"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi, have been with xtra for a few years now, and have finally given up...
    >After speaking to a mate of mine, he mentioned a name...
    >Slingshot
    >So now I'm mentioning it to you.
    >Damn good service for damn cheap!
    >They even do cheap toll charges.
    >Don't beleave me?? check it out yourself
    >http://www.slingshot.co.nz

    No such thing in NZ..
    Paul Mathews, Oct 23, 2003

  3. well still cheaper than xtra... or ihug... or all the rest...

    Darryn Hadland, Oct 23, 2003
  4. Darryn Hadland

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Darryn Hadland" <> wrote in message
    > well still cheaper than xtra... or ihug... or all the rest...

    Not according to the service that some people around here have found with
    the outfit.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 23, 2003
  5. Well by all means share what you know...
    This is a news group.

    Darryn Hadland, Oct 23, 2003
  6. Darryn Hadland

    > Well by all means share what you know...
    > This is a news group.

    Have a look at the "Slingshot Sucks" thread which is already in this
    newsgroup. The "Slingshot Is Crap" thread is worth worrying about.
    If you get good service right through till after Christmas that would be
    worth hearing about. Holiday time can often be a strain on ISPs.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 23, 2003
  7. Darryn Hadland

    AD. Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:06:25 +1300, Darryn Hadland wrote:

    > Hi, have been with xtra for a few years now, and have finally given up...
    > After speaking to a mate of mine, he mentioned a name... Slingshot
    > So now I'm mentioning it to you.
    > Damn good service for damn cheap!
    > They even do cheap toll charges.
    > Don't beleave me?? check it out yourself http://www.slingshot.co.nz

    Your wording redlined my spamometer!

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Oct 23, 2003
  8. On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:06:25 +1300, "Darryn Hadland"
    <> scribbled:

    >Hi, have been with xtra for a few years now, and have finally given up...
    >After speaking to a mate of mine, he mentioned a name...
    >Slingshot
    >So now I'm mentioning it to you.
    >Damn good service for damn cheap!
    >They even do cheap toll charges.
    >Don't beleave me?? check it out yourself
    >http://www.slingshot.co.nz

    It may be cheaper than the rest, but it doesn't mean it's the best.
    I'd rather buy a $30,000 Mitsubishi, Nissan or Toyota over a $19,000
    Hyundai, Kia or Azdfyhqk if you know what I mean. From what I've read,
    Slingshot actually sucks. The 0900 "helpdesk" sucks too.

    --
    Phillip Weston
    Taumarunui, New Zealand

    Phillip Weston, Oct 23, 2003
  9. Darryn Hadland

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Phillip Weston <> wrote in

    > It may be cheaper than the rest, but it doesn't mean it's the best.
    > I'd rather buy a $30,000 Mitsubishi, Nissan or Toyota over a $19,000
    > Hyundai, Kia or Azdfyhqk if you know what I mean. From what I've read,
    > Slingshot actually sucks. The 0900 "helpdesk" sucks too.
    >

    > --
    > Phillip Weston
    > Taumarunui, New Zealand
    >
    > Remove the obvious spamblock to reply via e-mail.

    Hey!, theres nothing wrong with a Hyundai !
    Chris Mayhew, Oct 23, 2003
  10. On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:33:27 GMT, Chris Mayhew <> scribbled:

    >Phillip Weston <> wrote in
    >
    >> It may be cheaper than the rest, but it doesn't mean it's the best.
    >> I'd rather buy a $30,000 Mitsubishi, Nissan or Toyota over a $19,000
    >> Hyundai, Kia or Azdfyhqk if you know what I mean. From what I've read,
    >> Slingshot actually sucks. The 0900 "helpdesk" sucks too.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Phillip Weston
    >> Taumarunui, New Zealand
    >>
    >> Remove the obvious spamblock to reply via e-mail.
    >>

    >Hey!, theres nothing wrong with a Hyundai !

    Haha. Well you know what I mean ;-). Hyundai's aren't too bad, they
    use Mitsubishi running gear under licence. Replace Hyundai with Lada
    then ;-).

    --
    Phillip Weston
    Taumarunui, New Zealand

    Phillip Weston, Oct 24, 2003
  11. Darryn Hadland

    pete Guest

    "Phillip Weston" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:33:27 GMT, Chris Mayhew <> scribbled:
    >
    > >Phillip Weston <> wrote in
    > >
    > >> It may be cheaper than the rest, but it doesn't mean it's the best.
    > >> I'd rather buy a $30,000 Mitsubishi, Nissan or Toyota over a $19,000
    > >> Hyundai, Kia or Azdfyhqk if you know what I mean. From what I've read,
    > >> Slingshot actually sucks. The 0900 "helpdesk" sucks too.
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >> Phillip Weston
    > >> Taumarunui, New Zealand
    > >>
    > >> Remove the obvious spamblock to reply via e-mail.
    > >>

    > >Hey!, theres nothing wrong with a Hyundai !

    > Haha. Well you know what I mean ;-). Hyundai's aren't too bad, they
    > use Mitsubishi running gear under licence. Replace Hyundai with Lada
    > then ;-).

    Oi. Lada is (was) Fiat under licence. And Fiat own Ferrari. So a Lada is
    only
    slighty removed from an Enzo. (They both use metric fasteners, f'rinstance)
    pete, Oct 24, 2003
  12. On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 21:25:23 +1300, "pete" <>
    scribbled:

    >"Phillip Weston" <> wrote in
    >message news:...
    >> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:33:27 GMT, Chris Mayhew <> scribbled:
    >>
    >> >Phillip Weston <> wrote in

    >> >Hey!, theres nothing wrong with a Hyundai !

    >> Haha. Well you know what I mean ;-). Hyundai's aren't too bad, they
    >> use Mitsubishi running gear under licence. Replace Hyundai with Lada
    >> then ;-).

    >Oi. Lada is (was) Fiat under licence. And Fiat own Ferrari. So a Lada is
    >only
    >slighty removed from an Enzo. (They both use metric fasteners, f'rinstance)

    Argh. I can't win :-(. You know what I mean though ;-P. Anyone a Ford
    lover? ;-)

    --
    Phillip Weston
    Taumarunui, New Zealand

    Phillip Weston, Oct 25, 2003
  13. Darryn Hadland

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Phillip Weston wrote:
    > On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 21:25:23 +1300, "pete" <>
    > scribbled:
    >

    >> "Phillip Weston" <> wrote in
    >> message news:...
    >>> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:33:27 GMT, Chris Mayhew <>
    >>> scribbled:

    >>> Haha. Well you know what I mean ;-). Hyundai's aren't too bad, they
    >>> use Mitsubishi running gear under licence. Replace Hyundai with Lada
    >>> then ;-).

    >> Oi. Lada is (was) Fiat under licence. And Fiat own Ferrari. So a
    >> Lada is only
    >> slighty removed from an Enzo. (They both use metric fasteners,
    >> f'rinstance)

    > Argh. I can't win :-(. You know what I mean though ;-P. Anyone a Ford
    > lover? ;-)

    Yep. And don't they own Jaguar now?
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Oct 25, 2003
  14. On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 18:29:57 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:

    >> Argh. I can't win :-(. You know what I mean though ;-P. Anyone a Ford
    >> lover? ;-)

    > Yep. And don't they own Jaguar now?

    And Volvo :-(
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Oct 26, 2003
  15. Darryn Hadland

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Uncle StoatWarbler" wrote
    > >> Argh. I can't win :-(. You know what I mean though ;-P. Anyone a Ford
    > >> lover? ;-)

    > > Yep. And don't they own Jaguar now?

    > And Volvo :-(

    And, Honda an Rover are one and the same company too... so how many car
    companies are there really worldwide?
    like 3 maybe 4?
    T.N.O., Oct 26, 2003
  16. Darryn Hadland

    pete Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > "Uncle StoatWarbler" wrote

    > > > Yep. And don't they own Jaguar now?

    > > And Volvo :-(

    > And, Honda an Rover are one and the same company too... so how many car
    > companies are there really worldwide?
    > like 3 maybe 4?

    A few more than that.
    Ford, GM in the US,
    Fiat, BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen in Europe,
    Honda, Nissan, Toyota in Japan.
    Anything else is probably a subsidiary of one of those
    pete, Oct 26, 2003
  17. On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 14:23:59 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:

    > And, Honda an Rover are one and the same company too...

    Uh... no.

    Rover were assembling Hondas and making Hondas with Rover badging in the
    80s, but Rover was sold to BMW about 1993, and dumped a couple of years
    later. IIRC landrove is its own company, Minis are made by BMW and Rover
    is standalone again.

    > so how many car
    > companies are there really worldwide? like 3 maybe 4?

    About that. Daewoo is GM, Nissan is Renault

    ISTR Hyundai is still standalone, as is Subaru (Fujitsu) most of the rest
    are fully or mostly owned by GM, Daimler-Chrysler, Ford, Toyota, BMW, VW,
    Citroen or Renault (who all have shareholdings in each other)
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Oct 26, 2003
  18. Darryn Hadland

    pete Guest

    "Uncle StoatWarbler" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 14:23:59 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:
    >
    > > And, Honda an Rover are one and the same company too...

    > Uh... no.
    >
    > Rover were assembling Hondas and making Hondas with Rover badging in the
    > 80s, but Rover was sold to BMW about 1993, and dumped a couple of years
    > later. IIRC landrove is its own company, Minis are made by BMW and Rover
    > is standalone again.
    >
    > > so how many car
    > > companies are there really worldwide? like 3 maybe 4?

    > About that. Daewoo is GM, Nissan is Renault
    >
    > ISTR Hyundai is still standalone, as is Subaru (Fujitsu) most of the rest
    > are fully or mostly owned by GM, Daimler-Chrysler, Ford, Toyota, BMW, VW,
    > Citroen or Renault (who all have shareholdings in each other)

    Fuji Heavy Industries isn't Fujitsu (the computer / electronics co)
    GM have a percentage of Subaru (which gave motoring writers fits as they
    supposed the GM beancounters would insist that WRX's be built on Vectra
    floorpans to save a few dollars). I think GM own a portion of SAAB, also.
    pete, Oct 28, 2003
  19. Darryn Hadland

    Tidds Guest

    > well still cheaper than xtra... or ihug... or all the rest...
    >
    > "Paul Mathews" <> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:06:25 +1300, "Darryn Hadland"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Hi, have been with xtra for a few years now, and have finally given

    up...
    > > >After speaking to a mate of mine, he mentioned a name...
    > > >Slingshot
    > > >So now I'm mentioning it to you.
    > > >Damn good service for damn cheap!
    > > >They even do cheap toll charges.
    > > >Don't beleave me?? check it out yourself
    > > >http://www.slingshot.co.nz
    > > >

    > > No such thing in NZ..

    I'm with e3. Main diff is I think that the help desk is free. Usless, but
    free.
    Tidds, Oct 30, 2003
  20. Darryn Hadland

    Tidds Guest

    "Chris Mayhew" <> wrote in message
    > Phillip Weston <> wrote in
    >
    > > It may be cheaper than the rest, but it doesn't mean it's the best.
    > > I'd rather buy a $30,000 Mitsubishi, Nissan or Toyota over a $19,000
    > > Hyundai, Kia or Azdfyhqk if you know what I mean. From what I've read,
    > > Slingshot actually sucks. The 0900 "helpdesk" sucks too.
    > >

    > > --
    > > Phillip Weston
    > > Taumarunui, New Zealand
    > >
    > > Remove the obvious spamblock to reply via e-mail.
    > >

    > Hey!, theres nothing wrong with a Hyundai !

    Holden man meself. Hate japas. Ever since I heard they recylced thye metal
    from sunken boats in tokyo harbour. Even though my holden (opal with a
    nissan engine) has a japanese engin and german design. (sniff)
    Tidds, Oct 30, 2003