    the D3's arrival. Leave it to the Japanese to come up with this!

    <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/nikon_nipper.htm>

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Mar 11, 2008

  2. Rita Berkowitz

    Annika1980 Guest

    Re: At ISO-12,800 The D3 Fuses The Past And Future With Old Time RCAAdvertising Style!!

    On Mar 10, 9:11 pm, "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:

    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/nikon_nipper.htm>

    Shame about the focus.

    Maybe next time let the mutt take the pic.

    Annika1980, Mar 11, 2008

  3. Rita Berkowitz

    Matt Ion Guest

    Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    > It was bound to happen. The Japanese being fascinated with all the old
    > time
    > electronics Americana have married the past and future together. This new
    > style of advertising is starting to sweep the world faster than the news of
    > the D3's arrival. Leave it to the Japanese to come up with this!
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/nikon_nipper.htm>

    Why do all these picture pages say "Best viewed full size to be awed by
    the D3's magical properties," but only provide a 1024x768 version? Is
    0.8MP all the D3 is capable of? I'd really like to be awed, but it's
    kinda hard at VGA resolution.

    At least this one isn't badly over-sharpened.

    And say, why is there never any EXIF on these pics? Afraid people will
    find out it's a camera-phone?

    Matt Ion, Mar 11, 2008
  4. Rita Berkowitz

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Rita Berkowitz <> wrote:
    >It was bound to happen. The Japanese being fascinated with all the old time
    >electronics Americana have married the past and future together. This new
    >style of advertising is starting to sweep the world faster than the news of
    >the D3's arrival.

    And how much do you get paid to advertise?

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Mar 11, 2008
  5. Rita Berkowitz

    Focus Guest

    "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote in message
    > It was bound to happen. The Japanese being fascinated with all the old
    > time
    > electronics Americana have married the past and future together. This new
    > style of advertising is starting to sweep the world faster than the news
    > of
    > the D3's arrival. Leave it to the Japanese to come up with this!
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/nikon_nipper.htm>

    That is amazing. Although it's not a 100% crop, there's little or no noise
    visible.
    Another amazing thing:

    When I was a kid (many, many moons ago) I had a dog and his name was: Remy!
    My sister named him after a boy in a book, called "Alone in the world" by
    Hector Malot (1830-1907) a French writer. The real name was spelled Rémi,
    but we kids didn't care.
    He was colored like a Doberman, but much friendlier and smaller...
    He wasn't very well trained either, so my father called him a "rather" dog.
    When someone would ask what that was, he said: " It's a dog that would
    rather pee against your leg, then listen to you".

    Just thought it was strange, since I never saw this name before.

    I wonder where you got that name from?

    --
    Focus

    Focus, Mar 11, 2008
  6. Rita Berkowitz

    Noons Guest

    WARNING! THIS POST IS BY A CONFESSED PAEDOPHILE CALLED BRETT DOUGLAS

    Noons, Mar 11, 2008
  7. Re: At ISO-12,800 The D3 Fuses The Past And Future With Old TimeRCA Advertising Style!!

    ["Followup-To:" header set to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems.]
    Matt Ion <> wrote:
    > Rita Berkowitz wrote:

    >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/nikon_nipper.htm>

    > Why do all these picture pages say "Best viewed full size to be awed by
    > the D3's magical properties," but only provide a 1024x768 version? Is
    > 0.8MP all the D3 is capable of? I'd really like to be awed, but it's
    > kinda hard at VGA resolution.

    Any higher resolution will show up all the noise and unsharpness
    and lacking photoshop capabilities of Rita.

    Just like dim candlelight, thick makeup and much beer can turn
    any not-so-attractive face into something much more resembling
    "youth" and "beauty". It's magical!

    > And say, why is there never any EXIF on these pics? Afraid people will
    > find out it's a camera-phone?

    It's because the 10k or so (including thumbnails) would really
    bloat up that 170k JPEG ...

    At least this time there's nothing enough out of focus for
    Rita's trademark bad bokeh. It's an improvement.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Mar 11, 2008
  8. Rita Berkowitz

    George Kerby Guest

    Re: At ISO-12,800 The D3 Fuses The Past And Future With Old TimeRCA Advertising Style!!

    On 3/10/08 8:11 PM, in article , "Rita
    Berkowitz" <> wrote:

    > It was bound to happen. The Japanese being fascinated with all the old time
    > electronics Americana have married the past and future together. This new
    > style of advertising is starting to sweep the world faster than the news of
    > the D3's arrival. Leave it to the Japanese to come up with this!
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/nikon_nipper.htm>
    >

    > Rita

    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........(snore).......zzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZz
    z...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....zzzzzzzzz.......(p-p-p-ph-h-h-a-a-a-r-r-rt-t-t).......
    ....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....(yawn)...zzzzzzzzzzz....

    George Kerby, Mar 11, 2008
  9. Rita Berkowitz

    Jon Pope Guest

    ITS BECAUSE RITA THE WHORE WAS BANNED FROM PBASE

    Jon Pope, Mar 11, 2008
  10. Rita Berkowitz

    Mike Guest

    Re: At ISO-12,800 The D3 Fuses The Past And Future With Old Time RCA Advertising Style!!

    In article <>, says...
    > On Mar 10, 9:11 pm, "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/nikon_nipper.htm>

    > Shame about the focus.
    >
    > Maybe next time let the mutt take the pic.

    But isn't the pimply canine chin meant to be the centre of focus? After all - it is right at the 1/3 x 1/3 sweet spot
    on the image.

    Mike

    Mike, Mar 11, 2008
  11. Focus wrote:

    >> It was bound to happen. The Japanese being fascinated with all the
    >> old time
    >> electronics Americana have married the past and future together. This new
    >> style of advertising is starting to sweep the world faster
    >> than the news of
    >> the D3's arrival. Leave it to the Japanese to come up with this!
    >>
    >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2008/nikon_nipper.htm>
    >>

    > That is amazing. Although it's not a 100% crop, there's little or no
    > noise visible.

    Yeah, it is amazing and it's been getting a really good workout for
    nighttime photography. Just for that it was worth getting.

    > Another amazing thing:
    >
    > When I was a kid (many, many moons ago) I had a dog and his name was:
    > Remy! My sister named him after a boy in a book, called "Alone in the
    > world" by Hector Malot (1830-1907) a French writer. The real name was
    > spelled Rémi, but we kids didn't care.
    > He was colored like a Doberman, but much friendlier and smaller...
    > He wasn't very well trained either, so my father called him a
    > "rather" dog. When someone would ask what that was, he said: " It's a
    > dog that would rather pee against your leg, then listen to you".

    What a coincidence. When Remy was young he actually peed on my friend's
    leg.

    > Just thought it was strange, since I never saw this name before.

    Actually it is very common.

    > I wonder where you got that name from?

    It is short for Remington, though that isn't his actual AKC registered name.
    It's better than calling him "Dog".

    Rita

    Rita Berkowitz, Mar 12, 2008
  12. Rita Berkowitz

    ____ Guest

    In article <>,
    "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:

    > > He wasn't very well trained either, so my father called him a
    > > "rather" dog. When someone would ask what that was, he said: " It's a
    > > dog that would rather pee against your leg, then listen to you".

    > What a coincidence. When Remy was young he actually peed on my friend's
    > leg.

    I love doggies, they like me. I have a funny follow up; my cousin had a
    Jack Russell she brought to my mothers house on a visit. After a little
    convincing from my aunt the dog was let inside only to lift his leg on a
    fake floral arrangement just inside the front door as he was let into
    the house...needless to say some eyebrows raised on that one....dogs you
    just gotta love them :)

    --
    Reality is a picture perfected and never looking back.

    ____, Mar 13, 2008
  13. Rita Berkowitz

    Bob Remeaux Guest

    Ray Fischer wrote:
    > Rita Berkowitz <> wrote:
    >
    >>It was bound to happen. The Japanese being fascinated with all the old time
    >>electronics Americana have married the past and future together. This new
    >>style of advertising is starting to sweep the world faster than the news of
    >>the D3's arrival.

    > And how much do you get paid to advertise?

    Now Now
    She's not a whore

    she just gives out to anyone.

    Mostly they regret it