    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Bill

    Bill Corden, Feb 15, 2004

  2. Bill Corden

    abc Guest

    u should buy an analog voip gateway, which can have a call forward
    function..

    "Bill Corden" <> wrote in message
    > I have two employees who work from their houses. Currently, our clients
    > call their numbers directly to speak to them. I would like it if they

    could

    abc, Feb 15, 2004

  3. Bill Corden

    abc Guest

    call forward from pstn to voip

    abc, Feb 15, 2004
  4. Bill Corden

    Nortec in MN Guest

    If your office phone system supports VoIP, then this would be the best route
    using a VoIP set (Note: forget about an analog VoIP gateway - it lacks ease
    of use and functionality).

    If you have equipment that does not support VoIP, then the best solution I
    have found is to take an existing digital office phone and place it in their
    home. Then use a product like mck's extender to extend the signaling over
    an IP network.

    Either way, the phones operate exactly like they were sitting in your
    office - just make sure you have enough bandwidth and low latency between
    sites or else quality will suffer.

    Nortec in MN, Feb 15, 2004
  5. Bill Corden

    Stylz Guest

    Bill Corden wrote:

    > I have two employees who work from their houses. Currently, our clients
    > call their numbers directly to speak to them. I would like it if they could
    > call to our office and then I could transfer the call to them via VoIP.

    Depending on your PBX you need very probably either a Cisco or
    a Asterisk Box with ISDN (BRI/PRI) or Analog Interfaces. Both Setups
    can do what you want but are not easy to configure.

    Asterisk is open souce, info available at http://asteriks.org .

    -- Stylz

    Stylz, Feb 16, 2004
  6. Bill Corden

    Bill Corden Guest

    Sorry for the delay responding.

    I do not have any of these types of systems. I have two lines coming into
    the office, each with a seperate phone. I am looking for a low end solution
    here or at least some direction. Thanks for all of your responses.

    Bill

    Bill Corden, Feb 17, 2004
  7. Bill Corden

    BMN Guest

    Bill it doesn't sound like you either have the budget for a new key system
    or the technical expertise to set up an * server.

    An alternate solution would be to have your telecommuters numbers setup with
    an toll free number.

    As for IP telephony you could employ an Internet phone patch or ATA (analog
    phone adapter) however you would have to ensure that appropriate bandwidth
    is provisioned at your telecommuters locations I.e. broadband connectivity

    http://www.pulverinnovations.com/ipp.html
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/as/180/186/

    BMN, Feb 17, 2004
  8. Bill Corden

    Bill Corden Guest

    Yes, Thanks. That helped a lot.

    Bill

    Bill Corden, Feb 18, 2004
  9. Bill Corden

    Dan Guest

    Bill .. dear god they sure know how to confuse an easy problem. You
    can make them virtual extensions off your PBX using Qtelnet gateways -
    total cost to you is like $800.00 . I have install a ton of these ..
    they work nicely. All of the features of the PBX are carried through
    to the home user using analog feature codes. Here is a diagram
    showing how it works :

    http://www.qtelnet.com/products-index9.htm

    Cheers!

    Dan, Feb 22, 2004