    downloaded. BitCom doesn't seem to have any way for exiting the script
    to shut the program.

    IB
    Ian Boag, Apr 16, 2005

  2. On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:00:00 GMT, Ian Boag <> wrote in

    > Here's a blast from the past. We need to regularly poll a couple of
    > sound meters over radio modem links. So we need a good old fashioned
    > comms program that supports scripting. I know that ProComm is still
    > there. HyperTerminal Pro from Hilgraeve looks a bit opaque.
    >
    > Anything else available?.
    >
    > We've had a look at good ole freebie Bitcom which comes close.
    >
    > Ideally we'd like to be able to fire up the program, run a script,
    > then shut it down so we can run another program to process what was
    > downloaded. BitCom doesn't seem to have any way for exiting the script
    > to shut the program.
    >
    > IB

    Telix. Does scripts.

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    2005 Pricelessware CD now available.
    Pricelessware - the best of the best in freeware, as determined by the
    readers of alt.comp.freeware.
    E-Mail me for details: - mention CD in subject.

    .... We often don't appreciate what we have until we lose it. Don't wait
    for that to happen.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Apr 17, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    (Ian Boag) wrote:

    >Here's a blast from the past. We need to regularly poll a couple of
    >sound meters over radio modem links. So we need a good old fashioned
    >comms program that supports scripting.

    I seem to recall some DOS-specific versions of Kermit were quite
    powerful in that regard.
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Apr 18, 2005
  4. Ian Boag

    Bob McLellan Guest

    Kermit

    Bob McLellan, Apr 18, 2005
  5. Ian Boag

    Peter Lowrie Guest

    Ian Boag wrote:

    > Here's a blast from the past. We need to regularly poll a couple of
    > sound meters over radio modem links. So we need a good old fashioned
    > comms program that supports scripting. I know that ProComm is still
    > there. HyperTerminal Pro from Hilgraeve looks a bit opaque.
    >
    > Anything else available?.
    >
    > We've had a look at good ole freebie Bitcom which comes close.
    >
    > Ideally we'd like to be able to fire up the program, run a script,
    > then shut it down so we can run another program to process what was
    > downloaded. BitCom doesn't seem to have any way for exiting the script
    > to shut the program.
    >
    > IB

    Try terraterm:

    http://www.terraterm.com

    --
    Regards,
    Peter.
    Peter Lowrie, Apr 25, 2005
  6. Ian Boag

    Phstpok Guest

    Peter Lowrie wrote:
    > Ian Boag wrote:
    >

    >>Here's a blast from the past. We need to regularly poll a couple of
    >>sound meters over radio modem links. So we need a good old fashioned
    >>comms program that supports scripting. I know that ProComm is still
    >>there. HyperTerminal Pro from Hilgraeve looks a bit opaque.
    >>
    >>Anything else available?.
    >>
    >>We've had a look at good ole freebie Bitcom which comes close.
    >>
    >>Ideally we'd like to be able to fire up the program, run a script,
    >>then shut it down so we can run another program to process what was
    >>downloaded. BitCom doesn't seem to have any way for exiting the script
    >>to shut the program.
    >>
    >>IB

    > Try terraterm:
    >
    > http://www.terraterm.com

    That won't get you there.

    http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html

    I used to use Teraterm for years connecting from home to various *nix
    boxen. If I remember right, had a good range of emulators built in.
    Phstpok, Apr 25, 2005