    Rafael Rivera
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/Rafael

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], Jun 18, 2005

    Steve Thompson, Jun 18, 2005

  3. Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]

    John Barnes Guest

    How about running AWDFLASH from a bootable CD? I haven't tried since I use
    it on a floppy.

    "Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]" <rafael*at*extended64*dot*com> wrote in
    message news:...

    John Barnes, Jun 18, 2005
  4. Since ASUS has a DOS boot floppy option, something like BartsPE should give
    you the ability to get the job done. (Personally, I haven't gotten the update
    program to work in x64 -- I boot into 32-bit XP just for that. But a royal
    PITA, actually.)

    And, of course, the USB Floppy drive option -- it works fine on most ASUS
    motherboards, I might add.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 18, 2005
  5. Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]

    John Barnes Guest

    I have now tried this and it works fine. Unless you use a CD_RW, which I
    didn't try, you will have to use a new disk for each update and you will not
    be able to use the backup feature.

    John Barnes, Jun 18, 2005
  6. Good idea, John, and it sounds like a viable workaround. Given how often one
    has to burn a new BIOS, and the going cost of cheap blank CDs, I don't think
    I'll worry about trying to make it CD-RW. ;)

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 18, 2005
  7. I'm well aware of the alternative methods to flashing my BIOS, that's
    not the issue. The purpose of my post was to gather information on how
    people are using this ASUSupdate software item in x64 as I cannot get it
    working.

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], Jun 18, 2005
  8. Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com] <rafael*at*extended64*dot*com> wrote:
    > I'm well aware of the alternative methods to flashing my BIOS, that's
    > not the issue. The purpose of my post was to gather information on how
    > people are using this ASUSupdate software item in x64 as I cannot get
    > it working.
    >
    > Rafael Rivera
    > Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    > Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/Rafael

    Hi Rafael,

    Same here, doesn't work

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 18, 2005
  9. Works fine here. Make sure you are running the latest version, that is
    6.07.01 :)

    Just go to http://www.asus.com and select the download page. You will see it
    under the HOT downloads.

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 18, 2005
  10. Wayne Wastier, Jun 18, 2005
  11. Christian Hougardy, Jun 18, 2005
  12. As stated in the first post, I tried this version already.

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], Jun 18, 2005
  13. I resolved this issue by upgrading to the latest BIOS. I noticed ASUS
    made some undocumented changes to resolve ASUSupdate issues within' x64
    in a newer BIOS. I was using the very old 1001 BIOS (upgraded to 1009-003).

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], Jun 19, 2005
  14. Thanks for the report back! Kind of a catch 22 - you need the new BIOS to use
    the software that burns the BIOS. Sigh.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 19, 2005
  15. Use the US site, and it works. :)
    http://www.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/flash/Asusupdt60701.zip (notice I just
    dropped the .tw from the address.)

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 19, 2005
  16. Christian Hougardy, Jun 19, 2005
  17. Christian Hougardy, Jun 19, 2005
  18. Strange, works here. Didn't find a new one, but that doesn't surprise me -- I
    just updated yesterday using the 32-bit version.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 19, 2005
  19. What version of the BIOS are you currently on? Try one of the manual
    workarounds to get closer, and then try installing.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 19, 2005
  20. Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]

    John Barnes Guest

    Same here, I got the download a while ago and when I tried the install, I
    got a corrupted file message.

    John Barnes, Jun 19, 2005