    internet.i tried to run the one touch wizard (to make it the access
    point)on the x64 machine but that software does not see the card as
    being installed.anybody have any idea's or a work around.

    warpsix, Jul 12, 2005

  2. warpsix

    Randy Guest

    Are you using a separate router/access point in the mix?

    Randy, Jul 12, 2005

  3. warpsix

    warpsix Guest

    yes
    i have a cable modem hooked up to a d link 604 wired router which is
    hooked to the win x64 computer

    warpsix, Jul 12, 2005
  4. warpsix

    warpsix Guest

    Thanks Randy,
    I had thought that i needed the one touch software to make the pci card
    "transmit" the internet . After your reply I removed the router and was
    then able to use internet connection sharing to make everything work.

    warpsix, Jul 13, 2005
  5. "warpsix" wrote:

    > i have installed the asus wifi g pci card and windows x64 is able to see
    > it. the other computer (xp home)is able to see it and the computers are
    > able to share files but the xp home computer is not able to access the
    > internet.i tried to run the one touch wizard (to make it the access
    > point)on the x64 machine but that software does not see the card as
    > being installed.anybody have any idea's or a work around.

    Configure WiFi for infrastructure mode, rather than ad-hoc.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Jul 19, 2005
  6. warpsix

    warpsix Guest

    Chris wrote:

    > "warpsix" wrote:
    >

    >>i have installed the asus wifi g pci card and windows x64 is able to see
    >>it. the other computer (xp home)is able to see it and the computers are
    >>able to share files but the xp home computer is not able to access the
    >>internet.i tried to run the one touch wizard (to make it the access
    >>point)on the x64 machine but that software does not see the card as
    >>being installed.anybody have any idea's or a work around.
    >>

    > Configure WiFi for infrastructure mode, rather than ad-hoc.

    I was never able to get the infrastructure mode to work. but the ad-hoc
    works great the other computers pick it up and can access the Internet
    from anywheres around the house inside or outside .granted there is no
    security and i hate that, but at least the wife can get on aol from the
    laptop and i can disable the wireless when not in use.

    warpsix, Jul 19, 2005