    change the AGP Bus speed to @X to suit the graphics card?

    cheers

    Ripping
    Ripping Silk, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Ripping Silk

    cowboyz Guest

    Ripping Silk wrote:
    > A PC of mine stopped working the other week. I'm pretty sure its
    > the graphics card that gone belly up (Leadtek A250 Ti4600 Ultra).
    > The card was sitting in an Abit BD7-R Mobo.
    > The BD7-R is AGP 2X and 4X (default) BIOS selectable.
    > I have an Asus V3800U TNT2 Ultra card (AGP v2.0). I want to try it
    > on the BD7-R to see if I can get a post and boot. Tho I don't know
    > if the V3800U is 2X or 4X (Anyone?). If it 2X, can I boot up the
    > BD7-R using the V3800U and the board at default 4X just so I can
    > enter BIOS to change the AGP Bus speed to @X to suit the graphics
    > card?
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > Ripping

    It is my understanding that the 4x in the bios is a "max" So if you put a
    2x card in it then it will fall back.

    Aside from that isn't the TNT2Ultra 4x anyway? I am pretty sure my old
    TNT2M64 was 4x.
    cowboyz, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Ripping Silk

    Ripping Silk Guest

    I thought it mighta been 4X too.. but using HWiNFO on the PC that has
    the TNT2 in it revealed that it was 2X (this was after I first did my
    first post). Tho as the TNT is v2.0 and the BD7-R is a 2X or 4X (which
    leads me to believe that it is also v2.0) then the voltages should be
    the same ?

    Ripping Silk, Feb 10, 2004
  4. Ripping Silk

    colinco Guest

    In article <c0bkka$uvq$>,
    says...
    > I thought it mighta been 4X too.. but using HWiNFO on the PC that has
    > the TNT2 in it revealed that it was 2X

    What PC? Some cards were crippled in software to stop them drawing too
    much power from the LX and BX MBs of the day.
    colinco, Feb 11, 2004
  5. Ripping Silk

    Ripping Silk Guest

    the PC in question that is running the V3800U TNT2 has an Abit BH6
    (v1.0) (BX chipset) mobo.

    Ripping Silk, Feb 11, 2004