    wd1600js drive comes up as "not being found". I have two of the drives
    striped and everything is working fine. how do you get rid of the "unknown
    devies" in device manager? Thanks in advance.

    Mark C. Rozanski, Dec 10, 2005

  2. Mark C. Rozanski

    Patrick Guest

    Assuming the "wd1600js" is a third on the same sATA chip from
    the board?
    Check the bios to make sure that all of your sATA channels are enabled

    Check to see that you have power to the drive.
    (I have 75 WD hard drives, the160 is the only one I've had to return -
    but...I only have one of them)

    And to get rid of the "unknown devise" ....
    You may have to install "all" of the software/drivers that ASUS gives you.
    example: for the A8N-E deluxe you will get an unknown device
    until you install some of the Gamers Candy....which contains
    a .sys file needed by widows. Why it is not part of the driver
    package.....NVIDIA/ASUS issues.

    Patrick, Dec 10, 2005

  3. What is the actual physical connection to the third drive? Is it on the same
    controller? Or a different one? If a different one, have you loaded the
    driver for it? Is it on a SATA controller that only supports multi-disk
    RAID?

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 11, 2005
  4. I need to clarify here. There are only two drives total, that are striped.
    I get a message for new hardware found and it's for the western digital
    drives. Device manager reports a Striped pair of the correct size, but
    doesn't show the individual drives. Ther system works fine, other than the
    annoying message that new hardware is found everytime the system boots.

    Mark C. Rozanski, Dec 12, 2005
  5. Mark C. Rozanski

    John Barnes Guest

    Just go thru the found new hardware clicking the defaults. On the last
    page near the bottom there is a check for do not show again for this
    hardware. Make sure it is checked and finish.

    John Barnes, Dec 12, 2005
  6. This option doesn't work either John. Any other ideas?

    Mark C. Rozanski, Dec 12, 2005
  7. Mark C. Rozanski

    Rick Guest

    Do you have the latest driver for the SilconImage SATA/RAID port loaded?

    Rick, Dec 12, 2005