    I have that problem. What have I precisely to install, please?
    thanks

    bye Fogar
    Fogar, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Fogar schrieb:

    > Hi,
    > I have just formatted my HD and in Device Manager I now see a yellow
    > question mark about "Bus controller of system administration".

    I guess that's the SMBus controller.

    > Why?
    > I already have installed the motherboard drivers and audio drivers but
    > I have that problem. What have I precisely to install, please?

    This should go away once the chipset drivers (i.e. the Intel INF Update)
    are installed.

    Stephan
    --
    Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
    PC#6: i440BX, 1xP3-500E, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W
    Stephan Grossklass, Apr 14, 2004

  3. Fogar

    Paul Guest

    In article <>, wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have just formatted my HD and in Device Manager I now see a yellow
    > question mark about "Bus controller of system administration".
    > Why?
    > I already have installed the motherboard drivers and audio drivers but
    > I have that problem. What have I precisely to install, please?
    > thanks
    >
    > bye Fogar

    SMBus is a serial bus that is used to query devices on your motherboard.
    It is connected to all the DIMMs and reads the Serial Presence Detect
    (SPD EEPROM) that holds the DIMM timings. It is also connected to the
    monitor chip that is checking the voltages, temperatures, and fan
    speeds.

    When looking in Device Manager, the SMBus Controller entry might be
    in the same section as the AGP interface, USB ports, and other
    Northbridge/Southbridge devices. As a result, I would try loading
    the Intel INFINST set of motherboard drivers. Most of the time,
    these are already present when you install Windows.

    On the Download page:

    http://www.asus.it/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800 Deluxe&Type=All

    it would be, for example, "Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation
    Utility V5.02.1003. " Filename = inf5021003.zip .

    If you wish a more recent file, directly from Intel, for the 875 chipset:

    http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Product_Filter.asp?ProductID=1043

    INFINST.EXE (1428KB) 5.1.1.1002

    HTH,
    Paul