    this board is DOA? what else can I try? I tried researing it, tried clearing
    the Cmos, tried different sticks of ram, nothing works.

    -Nick

    Dr Nick, Aug 25, 2006

  2. Dr Nick

    pbell56 Guest

    Dr Nick wrote in message ...
    >I have a computer with an Asus P4800D-X board. the orignal board died so I
    >ordered this one. After installing the board, CPU RAM, Video card, tried to
    >boot it, I get 1 long beep and 2 short beep. After some searching I find
    >it's having a video problem. I tried a different video card, but still the
    >same result, so I know it's not the video card. any ideas? is it possible
    >this board is DOA? what else can I try? I tried researing it, tried clearing
    >the Cmos, tried different sticks of ram, nothing works.
    >
    >-Nick

    What makes you certain it is a video problem? It sounds like it could be a POST
    failure. If you are sure it's the video, let me ask does the board have
    on-board video? Try using only that if it does and see what happens. Could be
    a problem there. You mention swapping video cards... what type? AGP? PCI?
    ISA? etc.? It is possible to have a bent pin in the slot that is causing a
    short somewhere that shouldn't be (hence it gives a startup error). I would try
    different slots. Also, you're not overclocking are you? That can cause all
    sorts of problems.

    pbell56, Aug 25, 2006

  3. Dr Nick

    Dr Nick Guest

    > What makes you certain it is a video problem?

    I'm certian it's a video problem because of the Beep code I'm getting (1
    Long beep followed by 2 short beeps)

    >does the board have on-board video?

    No it doesn't

    >You mention swapping video cards... what type? AGP? PCI?
    > ISA? etc.? It is possible to have a bent pin in the slot that is causing
    > short somewhere that shouldn't be (hence it gives a startup error).

    It's an AGP clot, I tried a different AGP slot to no avail. I don't have any
    regular PCI video cards, and the board won't take a PCI express card. the
    board is brand new, so I doubt it's a bent pin inside the AGP slot, but I
    guess it's possible

    >Also, you're not overclocking are you? That can cause all sorts of
    >problems.

    No, I haven't even been able to get into bios, even if I wanted to
    overclock, I installed it, and haven't even been able to get past POST.

    Dr Nick, Aug 25, 2006