    The manual says PIII 500MHz, but I like to know if I could use a higher
    speed CPU.
    TIA

    alexandrew, Nov 21, 2003

  2. "alexandrew" <> wrote in message
    news:kzevb.15335$...
    > I have a ASUS p2-99 motherboard, I like to know if there is a web site

    that
    > could tell me the highest speed CPU I could use on this motherboard.
    > The manual says PIII 500MHz, but I like to know if I could use a higher
    > speed CPU.
    > TIA

    You can buy a new mb really cheap now.
    I just bought this for $60
    http://www.ocworkbench.com/hardware/elite/k7s5a/k7s5ap2.htm
    I put a Athlon XP 2400 CPU ( runs at 2000 MHz ) into it for about a $100
    more.
    Cheaper than a new comp and just as effective
    :)

    WorkingClassHero, Nov 21, 2003

  3. alexandrew

    ToGrok Guest

    http://www.asus.com/support/search.aspx?SearchStr=p2-99

    ToGrok, Nov 21, 2003
  4. alexandrew

    alexandrew Guest

    Thanks for your input.
    I just need a PIII CPU to complete the system I built and I found out I can
    use PIII CPU as high as PIII 800MHz.
    For $60.00 I can buy any CPU up to 800MHz without spending money for new
    motherboard.
    BTW I have never used AMD CPU or motherboards that support them, are they
    good?are you happy with them?may be I switch, after all it is cheaper too!!

    alexandrew, Nov 21, 2003
  5. "alexandrew" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for your input.
    > I just need a PIII CPU to complete the system I built and I found out I

    can
    > use PIII CPU as high as PIII 800MHz.
    > For $60.00 I can buy any CPU up to 800MHz without spending money for new
    > motherboard.
    > BTW I have never used AMD CPU or motherboards that support them, are they
    > good?are you happy with them?may be I switch, after all it is cheaper

    too!!

    > "WorkingClassHero" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "alexandrew" <> wrote in message
    > > > I have a ASUS p2-99 motherboard, I like to know if there is a web site

    > > that
    > > > could tell me the highest speed CPU I could use on this motherboard.
    > > > The manual says PIII 500MHz, but I like to know if I could use a

    higher
    > > > speed CPU.
    > > > TIA
    > > >

    > > You can buy a new mb really cheap now.
    > > I just bought this for $60
    > > http://www.ocworkbench.com/hardware/elite/k7s5a/k7s5ap2.htm
    > > I put a Athlon XP 2400 CPU ( runs at 2000 MHz ) into it for about a

    $100
    > > more.
    > > Cheaper than a new comp and just as effective
    > > :)

    Yes they are good, and I am happy.

    WorkingClassHero, Nov 21, 2003
  6. alexandrew

    alexandrew Guest

    thank you for your help, it helped me a lot.

    alexandrew, Nov 21, 2003
  7. alexandrew

    ToGrok Guest

    You're welcome!