Asus new board, heatpipe

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Phstpok, Jun 26, 2005.

  1. Phstpok

    Phstpok Guest

    Phstpok, Jun 26, 2005

  2. Phstpok

    Tony Guest

    On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 13:45:03 +1200, Phstpok <> wrote:

    >Looks to be the board for dual gpu / sli. Switchable with a few mouse
    >clicks, no need to open the case. And fanless.
    >
    >http://www.hardwarezone.com/news/view.php?id=1829&cid=4
    >
    >Rob

    You still need Fans to get the heat out of the case.

    A bit stupid really..

    Tony, Jun 26, 2005

  3. Phstpok

    Phstpok Guest

    Tony wrote:
    > On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 13:45:03 +1200, Phstpok <> wrote:
    >

    >>Looks to be the board for dual gpu / sli. Switchable with a few mouse
    >>clicks, no need to open the case. And fanless.
    >>
    >>http://www.hardwarezone.com/news/view.php?id=1829&cid=4
    >>
    >>Rob

    > You still need Fans to get the heat out of the case.
    >
    > A bit stupid really..

    Hm.. must be something good about. I got the "A bit stupid really.."
    response instead of the automatic "crap".

    And I did not state that the whole box would be fanless. But a couple of
    large, low rpm case fans and no high speed noisy gpu fans has got to =
    quieter overall.

    And no need to attach your f&p freezer unit.

    Rob

    Phstpok, Jun 26, 2005
  4. Phstpok

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <>, Phstpok <> wrote:

    >And no need to attach your f&p freezer unit.

    Hmmn. My F&P freezer unit has fans both inside and out. It's not especially
    quiet either, but certainly quieter than many modern PCs I have heard.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
    -- Microsoft advertisement on the box for Windows 2.11 for 286

    Don Hills, Jun 26, 2005