Asus Motherboard

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by RDOC, Jun 29, 2004.

  1. RDOC

    RDOC Guest

    [Contact Information]
    Name : Gary F. Pitel
    Email :
    Telephone :
    City : Bridgeton, NJ
    Country : United States

    [Product Information]
    Product Type : Motherboard
    Model Name : P4B266
    Product Type : Motherboard
    Product Serial No : 24ZKou7672
    Purchase Location : Internet
    Purchase Date : 2004/3/1
    MB version : 1010
    MB BIOS version : 2.01
    CPU Vendor : Intel
    CPU Type : Socket 478
    CPU Speed : 2.20
    Memory Vendor : Crucial
    Memory Type : Dimms
    Memory Size : 1 gig
    HD Vendor : Western Digital
    HD Name : 80JB Caviliar
    HD Size : 80 gig
    Addon Card Vendor :
    Addon Card Type :
    Addon Card Name :

    Operating System : Windows 2000 Professional

    Problem Description
    I have the following ASUS P4B266, with Windows 2000 pro, 1 gig
    of
    memory and a 2.25 CPU.
    My led lights were working just fine and have stopped working.
    I have
    checked the LED leads where they fasten to the mother board and they
    are tight and in place. How can I correct this problem? Should I
    use a meter with
    one wire on the mother board lead and the other wire to a ground to
    determine if the board is sending the voltage to the bulb? Should I
    set the meter for 20 volts DC? Is there a special test light for doing
    this and if so where can I
    get one? Can I use a standard test or circuit light and put one wire
    on the Mother Board led and one wire to the chassis for a ground? A
    couple of months ago I fried a otherboard and don't want to do this
    again since it is a costly error so I am asking for your help please.
    Any suggestions that you may have for fixing this problem would be
    greatly appreciated and really needed. Thanks!!
    Gary
    --
    Gary F. Pitel

    ICQ# 260244191

    RDOC, Jun 29, 2004

  2. RDOC

    Hamman Guest

    <snip excessive>

    stick a multimeter on two of the pins in either connection test or low
    voltage meter mode [depending on your meter, read the book]

    hamman

    Hamman, Jun 29, 2004