    of pins near the back of the board but can't quite match the four
    wires with the pins. Can anyone help? Thanks.
    , Feb 10, 2004

  2. Ghostrider Guest

    wrote:

    > I have an AUSU P4C800 Deluxe motherboard. My case has front panel mic
    > in and headphones out. I've looked at the manual and layout of the
    > motherboard but I'm not sure of where to hook them up. I see a block
    > of pins near the back of the board but can't quite match the four
    > wires with the pins. Can anyone help? Thanks.

    There should be descriptions on the header blocks from
    the front panel wires. Go to the P4C800 manual and match
    up the header blocks to their corresponding pins on the
    motherboard. Be patient...hookup is easy. Having long-
    nosed pliers or forceps also helps in inserting them.
    Ghostrider, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Guest

    Thanks. I see on the header blocks for the four plugs, Ear-R, Ear-L,
    Mic Data and Gnd.

    In the manual, for the Front audio panel connector, I see:
    Mic 2
    Agnd
    Micpwr
    +5A
    Line Out R
    B Line Out R
    NC
    Line Out L
    B Line Out L

    The side by side pins that say Line Out R and B Line Out R and Line
    Out L and B Line Out L are grey in the manual and show no pin, where
    as the others are white and show a pin (didn't get a chance tonight to
    open the case and eyeball things.

    Can you tell me there the header blocks go on the motherboard? Thanks
    again.

    > wrote:
    >
    >> I have an AUSU P4C800 Deluxe motherboard. My case has front panel mic
    >> in and headphones out. I've looked at the manual and layout of the
    >> motherboard but I'm not sure of where to hook them up. I see a block
    >> of pins near the back of the board but can't quite match the four
    >> wires with the pins. Can anyone help? Thanks.
    >>

    >There should be descriptions on the header blocks from
    >the front panel wires. Go to the P4C800 manual and match
    >up the header blocks to their corresponding pins on the
    >motherboard. Be patient...hookup is easy. Having long-
    >nosed pliers or forceps also helps in inserting them.
    , Feb 11, 2004
  4. Budweiser Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I have an AUSU P4C800 Deluxe motherboard. My case has front panel mic
    > in and headphones out. I've looked at the manual and layout of the
    > motherboard but I'm not sure of where to hook them up. I see a block
    > of pins near the back of the board but can't quite match the four
    > wires with the pins. Can anyone help? Thanks.

    From a quick scan of the manual
    ftp://www.asus.it/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/P4C800/e1224_p4c800.pdf

    mic in and headphones are already provided on the outputs of the board
    The audio conector you see is for direct input

    Just because you have a case with a built in port does not mean that you can
    connect a motherboard to it----got a firewire on the front of mine---mmm-no
    wires,no where to connect
    Budweiser, Feb 11, 2004