    BIOS settings and they boot correctly. The time and date remain accurate.

    I'm stumped and would appreciate any help.

    Jim Dawson

    Jim Dawson, Apr 12, 2004

  2. Jim Dawson

    Ghostrider Guest

    Jim Dawson wrote:
    > I have two PCs using ASUS P3B-F motherboards. Both are about the same age
    > and both recently started exhibiting the same symptoms. Whenever a restart
    > is necessary (from power off) they start to the BIOS setup screen, sometimes
    > after requiring powering off and on a couple times. I get an error message
    > about
    > the incorrect CPU speed. I can go past the error message and exit and save
    > the
    > BIOS settings and they boot correctly. The time and date remain accurate.
    >
    > I'm stumped and would appreciate any help.
    >
    > Jim Dawson

    Consider replacing the CMOS battery. Batteries have a finite
    lifespan. If these 2 motherboards are approximately the same
    age, then so are the batteries.

    Ghostrider, Apr 12, 2004

  3. Jim Dawson

    Jim Dawson Guest

    Thanks, I will try that. I assumed that since the time/date remain
    set that the battery was OK. Maybe not.

    Thanks for the suggestion,
    Jim

    Jim Dawson, Apr 12, 2004