  1. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Anyone running Cool & Quiet in win 64? If u are what version? Any problems?
    Kue2, May 19, 2006

  2. Kue2

    Rick Guest

    I run Cool'n'Quiet in both Win XP 32-bit and Win x64 on both Asus and
    MSI motherboards and have never encountered any problems. I have been
    using it since I bought my first AMD64 over 2 years ago and, in for Win
    x64, as soon as the software was made available.

    You will find there are some who are dead set against Cool'n'Quiet.

    Rick, May 19, 2006

  3. Kue2

    John Barnes Guest

    Likewise on ASUS motherboard. Not sure what version. Was the first one
    available for x64 about July 2005

    John Barnes, May 19, 2006
  4. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    anyone know what version of Cool & Quiet works in win 64
    The version I have 1000.006 loads but when I click on the program group icon
    nothing comes up???I found the version # in the program group.

    Kue2, May 20, 2006
  5. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    what version are u running??in win 64?

    Kue2, May 20, 2006
  6. Kue2

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sat, 20 May 2006 16:02:41 -0400, "Kue2" <>
    wrote:

    >anyone know what version of Cool & Quiet works in win 64
    >The version I have 1000.006 loads but when I click on the program group icon
    >nothing comes up???I found the version # in the program group.

    I have a different mobo, a MSI. With it, I have v 1.2.2 of Cool and Quiet,
    for x64, which works for me.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, May 20, 2006
  7. Kue2

    John Barnes Guest

    the uninstall says 1.018 can't find a version in the exe

    John Barnes, May 20, 2006
  8. Kue2

    Rick Guest

    The Cool'n'Quiet on my Asus A8V is controlled turned on or off in the
    BIOS and does not require any software in Windows. The software Asus
    designates as Cool'n'Quiet is strictly a CPU Speed display. The only
    requirement in Windows is to set your 'Power Schemes' to "Minimal Power
    Management." You can verify Cool'n'Quiet is working by running
    something like CPU-Z and note the CPU "Core Speed" at the bottom of the
    page.

    Rick, May 21, 2006
  9. Kue2

    John Barnes Guest

    Agreed, and Asus Probe also can be used to see if it is working.

    John Barnes, May 21, 2006