    music CDs won't spin down. I tried Nero CD DVD Speed but that has no
    effect. One page I looked at online says ASUS drives don't respond to
    spin down utilities. What can we do about it?
    GraB, Dec 28, 2004

  2. GraB

    Dave Taylor Guest

    GraB <> wrote in
    news::

    > What can we do about it?

    Look for an update for the issue from the CD Manufacturer.
    It would probably be fixed with a firmware flash. Be careful. Read the
    readme.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Dec 28, 2004

  3. GraB

    Dave Taylor Guest

    GraB <> wrote in

    Dave Taylor, Dec 28, 2004
  4. GraB

    Adder Guest

    In article <> in nz.comp on
    Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:43:31 +1300, GraB <> says...
    > Just come back from a relative's. They have a P4 2.8GHz machine with
    > 512Mb RAM and 120G hard drive with integrated Intel graphics (barf)
    > with LCD monitor and an ASUS 52x 32x 52x CD-RW, running XP. Games and
    > music CDs won't spin down. I tried Nero CD DVD Speed but that has no
    > effect. One page I looked at online says ASUS drives don't respond to
    > spin down utilities. What can we do about it?

    what do you mean they won't spin down?

    if you mean the green light is always on this is because green light
    indicates there is a disc in the drive not that the drive is spinning

    523252 is a fairly recent model, got one here and seen a few others,
    brilliant drives and there are 2 firmware updates available
    Adder, Dec 31, 2004
  5. GraB

    Adder, Dec 31, 2004
  6. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 12:05:32 +1300, Adder <> wrote:

    >In article <> in nz.comp on
    >Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:43:31 +1300, GraB <> says...
    >> Just come back from a relative's. They have a P4 2.8GHz machine with
    >> 512Mb RAM and 120G hard drive with integrated Intel graphics (barf)
    >> with LCD monitor and an ASUS 52x 32x 52x CD-RW, running XP. Games and
    >> music CDs won't spin down. I tried Nero CD DVD Speed but that has no
    >> effect. One page I looked at online says ASUS drives don't respond to
    >> spin down utilities. What can we do about it?

    >what do you mean they won't spin down?

    That means it keeps on spinning at full speed.

    GraB, Jan 1, 2005
  7. GraB

    GraB, Jan 1, 2005