Asus AV8/Athlon 64 ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Charlie, May 12, 2005.

  1. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    I purchased an Asus AV8 Delux and an AMD64 3000 from Newegg. When they
    arrived I began to do the set up and was immediately offered a
    "System failed CPU test", the mother board talks to you, nice touch, no
    beep codes. I sent the CPU back to Newegg who promptly replaced it. I
    did it again and once again I got the "System failed CPU test" error
    message. I thought it must be impossible to get two bad CPU's in a row.
    So I exchanged the motherboard with ASUS, no problem there either. I got
    the new mother board and "System Failed CPU test. So I exchanged the CPU
    again with Newegg, they are great. Still same thing. I have built a lot
    of computers so I am not a newbie at it.
    The first time I had the computer all built, the next two times I only
    hooked up the speakers, CPU, CPU fan and RAM. The idea was to eliminate
    anything else that can cause it. I know the case if good, it was working
    with my previous system. I was careful, no paranoid about electrostatic
    discharge. I was using a wrist strap, never touched anything sensitive
    on the CPU or RAM. I am at a loss, I know that the chances of getting
    three bad CPU's and two bad mother boards is pretty slim, so what could
    the problem be? I'm stumped.

    TIA
    Charlie

    Charlie, May 12, 2005

  2. Charlie

    nos1eep Guest

    Check out this thread. http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/18608/

    nos1eep, May 12, 2005

  3. Charlie

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Check our Bios settings. If it has an automatic setting use that. If you are
    using that then use a manual setting. Make sure the cpu is seated correctly
    and the correct voltage is set.

    pcbutts1, May 12, 2005
  4. Charlie

    cc Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Check our Bios settings. If it has an automatic setting use that. If you are
    > using that then use a manual setting. Make sure the cpu is seated correctly
    > and the correct voltage is set.

    As far as I got was the system failed cpu test. I did not proceed, maybe
    I should, the previous post directed me to a thread it seems this is
    common enough for this mobo, next stop Asus support.

    Thanks
    Charlie

    cc, May 12, 2005