    Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Final
    * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

    Swan, Jul 25, 2005

  2. Swan

    Tocapet Guest

    My Asus K8V SE Deluxe does.
    The only thing that doesn't work is my Visioneer scanner.

    Tocapet, Jul 25, 2005

  3. Swan

    ChrisC Guest

    Hi, you will require the hyerion 4 in 1 from here
    http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=2&CatID=1080 and if you
    are using Sata.....
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Jul 25, 2005
  4. Swan

    M. Murcek Guest

    Yeah, they've got the VIA based boards covered pretty well. Not a damn
    thing for my K8N-DL, however. Fortunately, I've been able to get what I
    need on my own, and it's a great x64 Edition platform, despite its apparent
    neglected stepchild status at ASUS. Scanner drivers are more scarce than
    hens' teeth just now...

    M. Murcek, Jul 25, 2005
  5. No, they're not all built in. You'll need drivers for the VIA RAID controller
    if you use SATA drives, for example. But so far as I'm aware, all the drivers
    for it are readily available, with the exception of the Promise RAID
    controller -- last I checked it worked in RAID mode, but not in straight
    SATA/IDE mode. Several of us here are running the A8V and I, for one, have
    found it to be a solid and stable board that is working well in x64.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 25, 2005
  6. Swan

    Dennis Pack Guest

    I gave up on Asus for updated drivers when I started downloading the drivers
    from NVidia.

    Dennis Pack, Jul 26, 2005
  7. Re: ASUS A8V VIA Athlon 64 motherboard - does it have all drivers

    Charlie, did you download Asus 64 bit drivers (Promise and VIA) - betas.
    I'm afraid they may not work properly

    =?Utf-8?B?c3dlZXRpZQ==?=, Aug 7, 2005
  8. Re: ASUS A8V VIA Athlon 64 motherboard - does it have all drivers

    You are correct. The beta drivers don't work right. But I certainly am not
    having problems -- I've spent the last 4 months helping others get working.
    But thanks for your thoughts.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 7, 2005
  9. Swan

    Ron Hinds Guest

    I have a SK8N and am contemplating upgrading to x64. Where did you get what
    you needed "on your own"? I didn't see anything on the ASUS website...

    Ron Hinds, Aug 18, 2005
  10. Swan

    Ron Hinds Guest

    Where do you get the Promise drivers?

    Ron Hinds, Aug 18, 2005
  11. From the ASUS site, or from www.planetamd64.com. Trying to get drivers from
    Promise directly is generally less successful. I'd start with the ASUS
    site -- I haven't looked lately, they may have updated the ones available
    for the Promise. But last I looked there were RAID only, no straight SATA.
    In my experience, you're better off using the VIA controller.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 18, 2005