ASUS A8N-SLI mobo new x64 drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 16, 2005.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 16, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Just a point, there are 4 versions of the A8N-SLI mobo and some have a
    different BIOS If you have, say the deluxe, premium, etc make sure to
    qualify when searching. Also in my case the automatic detect picked the
    wrong mobo and ASUS admitted it was a problem and outlined the steps for the
    manual procedure.
    Have you tried the chipset drivers displayed? Curious since they are listed
    for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.

    John Barnes, Nov 16, 2005

  3. John:
    My mobo is A8N-SLI "regular", no "premium", no "deluxe", no fat.
    The web page I mention is for my mobo, no mistakes.
    The funny thing here is that they are posting NVidia 6.65's for the chipset.
    A couple of months ago they had posted version 6.66 (bigger).
    Don't know why "newer" means "lower" in numbers.
    Will check the zip file contents for the inf files and their real versions.
    If you check their ftp site at:
    ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/nvidia
    you'll find that they have also 6.87 drivers for the chipset.
    I have downloaded them and will study the situation carefully before doing
    any changes.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 16, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    This is the first time they have combined 64-bit and 32-bit in the same
    package. This package is for making an F6 disk for installation, so I hope
    they have solved my problems installing and booting from a SATAII drive.
    Will probably have to wait until the weekend to try installs on that drive.

    John Barnes, Nov 16, 2005
  5. Still don't understand the numbering sequence
    6.66's are DriverVer=05/17/2005,5.10.2600.0534 (source ASUS web)
    6.82's are DriverVer=08/18/2005,5.10.2600.0552 (source ASUS ftp)
    6.69's are DriverVer=08/18/2005,5.10.2600.0552 (source NVidia web)

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 16, 2005
  6. John:
    Now I get things right.
    They are not posting 6.65's again.
    They are giving us an utility to make the F6 floppy with 6.65 drivers.
    BTW, I've seen that in all chipset driver releases - whether from NVdia or
    ASUS - there are two folders under IDE that are pataraid and sataraid.
    Those two folders contain what I suppose are the files needed for the F6
    floppies.
    My assumption is based in that they have the txtsetup.oem file which - I
    thing - is like the inf file in the Windows environment.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 16, 2005