    connection is working too.
    Any suggestions?
    Ralph

    Ralph, Nov 5, 2005

  2. make sure you have the nvidia firewall _removed_. As in, install it, and
    then UN-install it. If that doesn't resolve it, you may need a different
    network card.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 5, 2005

  3. Ralph wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am running Windows Server 2003 x64 on a ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe (BIOS
    > Version 1006) with 4GB RAM. In order to enable 4GB of RAM I set the
    > BIOS-setting "Memory Hole for PCI MMI0" to ENABLED.

    That BIOS is pretty old, you should upgrade it..

    --
    Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    To email, remove "nospam" from

    Robert Hancock, Nov 6, 2005
  4. Ralph

    ralph Guest

    Thank you for the suggestion. I upgraded the BIOS to version 1015; the
    connection problem did not disappear, however.
    Any further suggestions?
    Ralph

    ralph, Nov 12, 2005
  5. ralph wrote:
    > Thank you for the suggestion. I upgraded the BIOS to version 1015; the
    > connection problem did not disappear, however.
    > Any further suggestions?
    > Ralph

    Which network port are you using, the NVidia or the Marvell? Make sure
    the drivers are up to date for whichever you're using, and if that one
    still doesn't work, maybe try the other one.

    Robert Hancock, Nov 12, 2005
  6. I have this board and when I install Vista x64 on it I do not get a
    connection until I manually install an ethernet bridge device in the Device
    Manager. I don't think I had to do anything similar in XP x64, but there
    may be one more device driver you need to install. Since I am not running
    Server, I can't do any more than throw out a clue.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 12, 2005