ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe random freezes

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Nocturnal, Jul 11, 2005.

  1. Nocturnal

    Nocturnal Guest

    My system is as follows:

    Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe BIOSES: 1008, 1011, 1012-003 beta

    CPU: AMD 64 3200+ Winchester

    Memory: 2x512MB Crucial Ballistix PC3200

    Hard Drive 1: 74GB Western Digital Raptor

    Hard Drive 2: 300GB Maxtor Maxline 10

    PSU: Antec TrueControl 550W

    Video Card: eVGA 6800GT PCI-Express

    Case: Antec P160 w/1x120mm intake and 1x120mm exhaust

    Plextor 716SA SATA DVDRW

    My problem:

    Ever since I upgraded my BIOS to 1011 final, then to 1012-003 beta, then
    down to 1011 final again, then finally down to 1008, I have been
    experiencing lock ups that freeze my entire computer. No BSODs or errors in
    event viewer. Just freezes my computer up completely. I cannot even
    ctrl-alt-del either.

    When I first started experiencing these lock ups it was when I upgraded to
    1011 final BIOS. It would boot into Windows and as soon as I got maybe ten
    seconds into Windows it would freeze just like how it's randomly freezing.
    Removing one stick of memory seemed to stabilize the system. I then
    upgraded to 1012-003 beta. From there I encountered problems with my
    Plextor 716SA SATA burner. So I downgraded to 1011 final again and things
    seemed ok. However I started to experience the same random lock ups. I
    downgraded to 1008 and still encountered the same lock up. I am now at 1006
    and I am wondering what might be causing this lock up? I'm going to go out
    on a limb and remove one stick of memory if my system locks up once more.

    Do any of you have any other ideas as to what might be happening?

    --
    Nocturnal

    http://www.spywaretalk.org
    Nocturnal, Jul 11, 2005