    John [MSFT]

    Use of any included script or code samples are subject to the terms
    specified at

    John [MSFT], Feb 18, 2006

  2. John [MSFT]

    John Barnes Guest

    Have you checked in your BIOS. That would be where you would modify USB
    support. The basic USB support is built into Microsoft x64.
    Maybe what you need is specific drivers for your devices. You would have to
    check the individual sites for those. If you list the devices you are
    having a problem with someone here may be able to point you in the right
    direction

    John Barnes, Feb 18, 2006

  3. John [MSFT]

    John [MSFT] Guest

    Hi John:

    Thanks for the note. Yes I did look in the BIOS but there were limited
    choices, basically just enable or disable. I have tried 4 devices so far, 2
    external USB hard drives, a USB memory key, and a USB mouse...none have
    worked.

    John.

    John [MSFT], Feb 18, 2006
  4. John [MSFT]

    Guest Guest

    Can I ask: "in what USB ports are you trying these devices?"
    1,2,3 or 4 from the back panel of the mother board or
    6-10 from the board headers that route to the case?

    "John [MSFT]" <> wrote in message
    > Hi John:
    >
    > Thanks for the note. Yes I did look in the BIOS but there were limited
    > choices, basically just enable or disable. I have tried 4 devices so far,

    2
    > external USB hard drives, a USB memory key, and a USB mouse...none have
    > worked.
    >
    > John.
    >
    > --
    > John [MSFT]

    rights.

    Guest, Feb 18, 2006
  5. John [MSFT]

    John Barnes Guest

    The USB drives have had a few reports of not working, but you should have no
    problem with your mouse. Do you get the install new hardware when you plug
    it in, or if it is already installed a notice that it has been plugged in?
    Does it show up in Device Manager, on the hub and Mice and does it show as
    working if there?
    All the drivers you need for that are included in x64.

    John Barnes, Feb 18, 2006
  6. John [MSFT]

    John [MSFT] Guest

    I tried both the back panel and the front panel on the case that plugs into
    the motherboard...

    No joy.

    John [MSFT], Feb 18, 2006
  7. John [MSFT]

    Guest Guest

    I asked about the back and front ports because even I, who have built
    and re-built boxes in the hundreds - on one occasion I had flipped the
    front panel connectors on the board header.
    (Not your issue but I had to check)

    I have another question - this one will sound stupid but I have to ask....
    So when you installed this OS you were using PS2 mouse and keyboard?

    If not and you installed successfully using either, USB mouse or keyboard -
    then reinstall the OS - something is corrupt - you can try rescan devices in
    device manager if the USB hubs have not been picked up / identified.
    If they have been recognized in device manager the I would say that you
    have a faulty board.

    "John [MSFT]" <> wrote in message
    > I tried both the back panel and the front panel on the case that plugs

    into
    > the motherboard...
    >
    > No joy.
    >
    > John [MSFT]

    rights.

    Guest, Feb 19, 2006
  8. The place to start for an ASUS motherboard is the ASUS site. There is a new
    BIOS for that mobo released yesterday, along with updated chipset drivers.
    Start there.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 19, 2006
  9. John [MSFT]

    Dennis Pack Guest

    John:
    Download and install the Nvidia Nforce 6.69 drivers for the mother
    board.

    Dennis Pack, Feb 19, 2006