    speed to 2000MHZ. Cant understand this.

    I've now set it to 5. Is this ok??

    thanks

    MadEric, Dec 19, 2003

  2. MadEric

    IC Guest

    MadEric wrote:
    > The Motherboard is a 400MHzFSB board and the chip I believe operates
    > at 2GHz. Am I right in thinking the multiple is 5???
    >
    > The Bios for some reason wants to set it at 15 when I set the
    > processor speed to 2000MHZ. Cant understand this.
    >
    > I've now set it to 5. Is this ok??
    >
    > thanks

    First, the FSB is DDR, so 400 MHz is actually clocked at 200 MHz. The
    XP2400+ runs at 2000 MHz at 133 MHz (266 MHz DDR) FSB, which comes out
    to a multiplier of 15x.

    IC, Dec 19, 2003

  3. MadEric

    IC Guest

    IC wrote:
    > MadEric wrote:
    >> The Motherboard is a 400MHzFSB board and the chip I believe operates
    >> at 2GHz. Am I right in thinking the multiple is 5???
    >>
    >> The Bios for some reason wants to set it at 15 when I set the
    >> processor speed to 2000MHZ. Cant understand this.
    >>
    >> I've now set it to 5. Is this ok??
    >>
    >> thanks

    > First, the FSB is DDR, so 400 MHz is actually clocked at 200 MHz. The
    > XP2400+ runs at 2000 MHz at 133 MHz (266 MHz DDR) FSB, which comes out
    > to a multiplier of 15x.

    BTW, with a muliplier of 5x, your CPU is running at 665 MHz.

    IC, Dec 19, 2003
  4. MadEric

    MadEric Guest

    Thanks very much for your help

    MadEric, Dec 19, 2003
  5. MadEric

    IC Guest

    MadEric wrote:
    > Thanks very much for your help

    Your welcome. Very easy mistake to make.

    IC, Dec 19, 2003