    (asus/google) on this motherboard.

    Cheers,

    Matt

    Matthew Strickland, Jul 29, 2004

  2. Matthew Strickland

    Rider Guest

    "Matthew Strickland" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Ive got a Asus "A7V-VE" motherboard in a 'PC company' PC that im looking

    for
    > fresh/new drivers (crashing issues due to current drivers)
    > I cant find the motherboard on

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/download2.aspx?type=exact&item=Socke
    t370
    > The motherboard ID is 10/14/2002-KLE133-A7V-VE
    >
    > It has a VIA chipset (VT82C686B)
    >
    > Is anyone familar with Asus boards? Im a gigabyte fan myself and have

    never

    http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7V-E&langs=09

    Rider, Jul 30, 2004

  3. Patrick Dunford, Jul 30, 2004
  4. Matthew Strickland

    Paradox Guest

    Matthew Strickland wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Ive got a Asus "A7V-VE" motherboard in a 'PC company' PC that im
    > looking for fresh/new drivers (crashing issues due to current drivers)
    > I cant find the motherboard on

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/download2.aspx?type=exact&item=Socket370
    > The motherboard ID is 10/14/2002-KLE133-A7V-VE
    >
    > It has a VIA chipset (VT82C686B)

    I've used a few Asus boards with VIA chips and usually it's better to use
    the VIA drivers than the ones Asus provides (or not). The VIA 4in1 (now
    Hyperion I think) drivers used to be retro-compatible with any previous VIA
    chip ie you just downloaded the latest 4in1 and it worked fine.

    Check out Via Arena
    http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=1

    Rob

    Paradox, Jul 30, 2004
  5. Matthew Strickland

    Patrick Bold Guest

    "Patrick Dunford" <> wrote in message

    > > The motherboard ID is 10/14/2002-KLE133-A7V-VE

    > Socket 370? You must be joking!

    Socket A.

    Patrick Bold, Jul 31, 2004
  6. Patrick Bold wrote:

    > "Patrick Dunford" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>>The motherboard ID is 10/14/2002-KLE133-A7V-VE

    >>Socket 370? You must be joking!
    >>

    > Socket A.

    Yes I know that, but the URL he gave where he claimed he could not find
    the info indicated he had been looking under Socket 370 motherboards.

    Patrick Dunford, Jul 31, 2004
  7. Matthew Strickland

    > >>Socket 370? You must be joking!
    > >>

    > > Socket A.

    > Yes I know that, but the URL he gave where he claimed he could not

    find
    > the info indicated he had been looking under Socket 370 motherboards.

    I see. Then you were just being a prat.

    Patrick Bold, Jul 31, 2004
  8. In article <410bae23$>,
    says...
    > "Patrick Dunford" <> wrote in message

    > > > Socket A.

    > > Yes I know that, but the URL he gave where he claimed he could not

    > find
    > > the info indicated he had been looking under Socket 370 motherboards.
    > >

    > I see. Then you were just being a prat.

    No, you are.

    Patrick Dunford, Aug 1, 2004
  9. "Paradox" <> wrote in message
    > I've used a few Asus boards with VIA chips and usually it's better to use
    > the VIA drivers than the ones Asus provides (or not). The VIA 4in1 (now
    > Hyperion I think) drivers used to be retro-compatible with any previous

    VIA
    > chip ie you just downloaded the latest 4in1 and it worked fine.
    >
    > Check out Via Arena
    > http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=1
    >
    > Rob

    Thanks ill check this out.

    Matthew Strickland, Aug 4, 2004
  10. It looks like this board was custom to PC Company machines (and HP variants)
    So i think im stuck for bios upgading unless the parent emanz companies of
    pc company can help me?

    Thanks for all your help.

    Matthew Strickland, Aug 4, 2004
  11. Matthew Strickland

    Patrick Bold Guest

    > It looks like this board was custom to PC Company machines (and HP

    variants)
    > So i think im stuck for bios upgading unless the parent emanz

    companies of
    > pc company can help me?
    >
    > Thanks for all your help.

    I suggest you look here:

    http://www.elhvb.com/mboards/OEM/HP/

    They link to an HP page with specs on what looks to be your board:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bph07371

    If so, then search on HP's site for driver updates applicable to one of
    the HP product codes listed at www.elhvb.com for the "Columbia" board --
    that is -- 322n, 521c, 521n, 731k (la), 741k (la). No guarantee this
    will work out for you, because their are limitations in upgrading that
    depend on what OS was initially installed, etc. But probably worth a
    look.

    Good luck!

    Patrick Bold, Aug 4, 2004