    about a thorougbred model and a 2600 processor at 266 and 333 fsb. Which one
    do I need?

    Thanks
    buffy, Oct 9, 2003

  2. "buffy" <> wrote in message
    news:bm48c8$1hi$...
    > I ahve one of these boards and am about to flash the BIOS to enable me

    > install a processor up to 2600. There I get slightly confuse as it

    talks
    > about a thorougbred model and a 2600 processor at 266 and 333 fsb.

    Which one
    > do I need?
    >
    > Thanks

    I too have this board and have used ASUS update to take bios upto Ver
    1013-01 beta in the hope of updating my processor but am a bit confused
    as to which CPU it will take.Looking at
    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx it says it
    will take a Athlon XP 2600+(266FSB)(Model 8)(Thoroughbred) but if I
    order one off the web can I be sure that is what I will get. Any CPU
    suppiers in the UK that people would recommend ?
    Steven Pilbeam, Oct 9, 2003

  3. buffy

    Harrison Guest

    With the 1011 BIOS, you can use an AMD Athlon XP 2600 CPU with a 266
    front side bus.
    The chipset on your board caps out at 266.

    Harrison, Oct 9, 2003