    able to push out to 8 or more. What has Canon wrought? How many
    virgins were fed to the sacred alligators to achieve this?
    , Dec 15, 2004

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > http://astrosurf.com/buil/20d/20dvs10d.htm
    >
    > Wicked wicked wicked! The eye-poppers are the bias, thermal, and the
    > amplifier glow frames. Mongo! A while ago, I estimated -- based on a
    > ~90 minute 10D exposure -- that the maximum vaguely useable
    > room-temperature exposure for a Canon 10D would be about ~5 hours from
    > the thermal frames I was observing. The 20D looks like it might be
    > able to push out to 8 or more. What has Canon wrought? How many
    > virgins were fed to the sacred alligators to achieve this?

    Impressive!

    Is it your impression that the 10D is about the same as the Digital Rebel?

    --
    Clear skies,

    Michael A. Covington
    www.covingtoninnovations.com/astromenu.html
    Michael A. Covington, Dec 16, 2004

  3. Mark² Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > http://astrosurf.com/buil/20d/20dvs10d.htm
    >
    > Wicked wicked wicked! The eye-poppers are the bias, thermal, and the
    > amplifier glow frames. Mongo! A while ago, I estimated -- based on a
    > ~90 minute 10D exposure -- that the maximum vaguely useable
    > room-temperature exposure for a Canon 10D would be about ~5 hours from
    > the thermal frames I was observing. The 20D looks like it might be
    > able to push out to 8 or more. What has Canon wrought? How many
    > virgins were fed to the sacred alligators to achieve this?

    VERY interesting data and samples!
    Thank you.
    Mark², Dec 16, 2004
  4. YoYo Guest

    I don't agree with that site because the 20D does electronic filtering more
    then the 10D. Astrophotography with a 20D and you could be deleting stars as
    noise

    When I looked at the site the photos showed more star detail with the 10D
    (to my eyes at least).
    Good site though.

    YoYo, Dec 16, 2004
  5. Chip Gallo Guest

    YoYo wrote:
    > I don't agree with that site because the 20D does electronic filtering more
    > then the 10D. Astrophotography with a 20D and you could be deleting stars as
    > noise
    >
    > When I looked at the site the photos showed more star detail with the 10D
    > (to my eyes at least).
    > Good site though.
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    >
    >>http://astrosurf.com/buil/20d/20dvs10d.htm
    >>
    >>Wicked wicked wicked! The eye-poppers are the bias, thermal, and the
    >>amplifier glow frames. Mongo! A while ago, I estimated -- based on a
    >>~90 minute 10D exposure -- that the maximum vaguely useable
    >>room-temperature exposure for a Canon 10D would be about ~5 hours from
    >>the thermal frames I was observing. The 20D looks like it might be
    >>able to push out to 8 or more. What has Canon wrought? How many
    >>virgins were fed to the sacred alligators to achieve this?

    How about if you don't use the 20D's noise reduction for long exposures
    and adjust the image in Iris only?

    Chip Gallo
    www.chipster.biz
    Chip Gallo, Dec 16, 2004