    Just now my computer refuses to open the internet to links that are
    quoted in this newsgroup (and/or in mail messages). What must I do,
    please?

    MayB, Dec 10, 2003

  2. MayB

    M Mullen Guest

    On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 06:01:19 GMT, "MayB" <_THIS.com> wrote:
    (e-mail sent if a reply)

    |> Just now my computer refuses to open the internet to links that are
    |> quoted in this newsgroup (and/or in mail messages). What must I do,
    |> please?

    Try again later, check your settings. Any link you get from this group will be a
    working link. If not it will be pointed out immediately.
    --
    ,,
    ( "> w

    M Mullen, Dec 10, 2003

  3. MayB

    Boomer Guest

    "MayB" <_THIS.com> wrote in

    > Just now my computer refuses to open the internet to links that are
    > quoted in this newsgroup (and/or in mail messages). What must I do,
    > please?

    Maybe these will help with your hyperlinks.

    OLEXP: Nothing Happens When You Click a Link in Outlook Express
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q176581

    OLEXP Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q177054

    http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en
    http://www.google.com/microsoft.html

    Boomer, Dec 10, 2003
  4. MayB

    °Mike° Guest

    On 10 Dec 2003 06:56:49 GMT, in
    <3fd6c3b0$0$31360$>
    Boomer scrawled:

    <snip>

    >OLEXP: Nothing Happens When You Click a Link in Outlook Express
    >http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q176581
    >
    >OLEXP Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser
    >http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q177054

    <snip>

    Just a FYI, Boomer. The bare content (..search/preview..) links
    no longer work, since MS updated it's KB structure. All links
    should now be of the type:

    or

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=176581

    --
    <HCFTH>

    °Mike°, Dec 10, 2003
  5. MayB

    Boomer Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in

    > On 10 Dec 2003 06:56:49 GMT, in
    > <3fd6c3b0$0$31360$>
    > Boomer scrawled:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >>OLEXP: Nothing Happens When You Click a Link in Outlook Express
    >>http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q176
    >>581
    >>
    >>OLEXP Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web
    >>Browser
    >>http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q177
    >>054

    > <snip>
    >
    > Just a FYI, Boomer. The bare content (..search/preview..) links
    > no longer work, since MS updated it's KB structure. All links
    > should now be of the type:

    > or
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=176581

    Thank you, Mike. :)

    --

    <HCFTH>

    Boomer, Dec 10, 2003
  6. MayB

    °Mike° Guest

    On 10 Dec 2003 23:57:22 GMT, in
    <3fd7b2e1$0$31361$>
    Boomer scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> wrote in
    >
    >> On 10 Dec 2003 06:56:49 GMT, in
    >> <3fd6c3b0$0$31360$>
    >> Boomer scrawled:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >>>OLEXP: Nothing Happens When You Click a Link in Outlook Express
    >>>http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q176
    >>>581
    >>>
    >>>OLEXP Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web
    >>>Browser
    >>>http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q177
    >>>054

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> Just a FYI, Boomer. The bare content (..search/preview..) links
    >> no longer work, since MS updated it's KB structure. All links
    >> should now be of the type:

    >> or
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=176581

    >Thank you, Mike. :)

    You're welcome. :)

    --
    <HCFTH>

    °Mike°, Dec 11, 2003
  7. It was on Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:01:37 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that °Mike° wrote:

    > On 10 Dec 2003 23:57:22 GMT, in
    > <3fd7b2e1$0$31361$>
    > Boomer scrawled:
    >
    >>°Mike° <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> On 10 Dec 2003 06:56:49 GMT, in
    >>> <3fd6c3b0$0$31360$>
    >>> Boomer scrawled:
    >>>
    >>> <snip>

    >>> <snip>
    >>>
    >>> Just a FYI, Boomer. The bare content (..search/preview..) links
    >>> no longer work, since MS updated it's KB structure. All links
    >>> should now be of the type:
    >>>
    >>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=176581
    >>>
    >>> or
    >>>
    >>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=176581

    >>Thank you, Mike. :)

    > You're welcome. :)

    When I first saw the subject, I thought it was
    something to do with golf! <g>

    --
    "Fore!"

    William Poaster, Dec 11, 2003
  8. MayB

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:49:55 +0000, in
    <>
    William Poaster scrawled:

    >It was on Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:01:37 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    >large jam doughnut, that °Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> On 10 Dec 2003 23:57:22 GMT, in
    >> <3fd7b2e1$0$31361$>
    >> Boomer scrawled:
    >>
    >>>°Mike° <> wrote in

    >>>Thank you, Mike. :)

    >> You're welcome. :)

    >When I first saw the subject, I thought it was
    >something to do with golf! <g>

    The funny thing is, so did I. I glanced and thought it
    said: "Ashtray on the Links".

    --
    "Heavy smoker?"

    °Mike°, Dec 11, 2003
  9. MayB

    Boomer Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:49:55 +0000, in
    > <>
    > William Poaster scrawled:
    >
    >>It was on Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:01:37 +0000, just as I was halfway
    >>through a large jam doughnut, that °Mike° wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 10 Dec 2003 23:57:22 GMT, in
    >>> <3fd7b2e1$0$31361$>
    >>> Boomer scrawled:

    >>> You're welcome. :)

    >>When I first saw the subject, I thought it was
    >>something to do with golf! <g>

    > The funny thing is, so did I. I glanced and thought it
    > said: "Ashtray on the Links".

    I saw 'Ashtry' also. ;)

    Boomer, Dec 11, 2003
  10. MayB

    Boomer Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:49:55 +0000, in
    > <>
    > William Poaster scrawled:
    >
    >>It was on Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:01:37 +0000, just as I was halfway
    >>through a large jam doughnut, that °Mike° wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 10 Dec 2003 23:57:22 GMT, in
    >>> <3fd7b2e1$0$31361$>
    >>> Boomer scrawled:

    >>> You're welcome. :)

    >>When I first saw the subject, I thought it was
    >>something to do with golf! <g>

    > The funny thing is, so did I. I glanced and thought it
    > said: "Ashtray on the Links".

    Opp's...

    I saw 'AshtrAy' also.

    --
    Dang speedy send buttons!

    Boomer, Dec 11, 2003
  11. MayB

    °Mike° Guest

    On 11 Dec 2003 01:02:09 GMT, in
    <3fd7c210$0$31361$>
    Boomer scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:49:55 +0000, in
    >> <>
    >> William Poaster scrawled:
    >>
    >>>It was on Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:01:37 +0000, just as I was halfway

    >>>When I first saw the subject, I thought it was
    >>>something to do with golf! <g>

    >> The funny thing is, so did I. I glanced and thought it
    >> said: "Ashtray on the Links".

    >Opp's...
    >
    >I saw 'AshtrAy' also.

    Oh, my! Subliminal SPAM! :)

    --
    <HCFTH>

    °Mike°, Dec 11, 2003
  12. It was on Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:56:53 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that °Mike° wrote:

    > On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:49:55 +0000, in
    > <>
    > William Poaster scrawled:
    >
    >>It was on Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:01:37 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    >>large jam doughnut, that °Mike° wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 10 Dec 2003 23:57:22 GMT, in
    >>> <3fd7b2e1$0$31361$>
    >>> Boomer scrawled:

    >>> You're welcome. :)

    >>When I first saw the subject, I thought it was
    >>something to do with golf! <g>

    > The funny thing is, so did I. I glanced and thought it
    > said: "Ashtray on the Links".

    An "Ashtray with cufflinks" ? <g>

    --
    "It won the Turner prize!"