    Come up with some new software...... Aston has been around for a few years
    now.
    Or are you being paid by them to advertise ? :p
    XPD, Jul 16, 2006

  2. XPD

    Guest

    http://www.astonshell.com/aston/192/

    Top 5 reasons to switch to Aston

    Speed.
    Most desktop enhancement software tools slow down your system, consuming
    additional memory and processor resources. Unlike these tools, Aston
    completely replaces your old desktop and releases your computer's resources
    for other tasks. Aston runs nicely on systems that labor with the normal
    Windows XP desktop.
    Reliability.
    Tested extensively on numerous computers Aston is known to be the most stable
    program of this kind. It's much more stable than competing programs and even
    the native Windows 98 and Me desktop.
    Power.
    Whether you have Windows XP or Windows 98, Aston runs smoothly on any system,
    providing you with additional toolbars, launch panels and other useful
    components, allowing you to get more control on your system.
    Beauty.
    Aston looks great out of the box and if you want more, you can get free Themes
    from our Themes section or one of numerous related sites. You can change the
    look and feel of your Desktop with few mouse clicks.
    Flexibility.
    Create your own desktop and make it look and behave the way you like. That's
    the main idea behind Aston. Bind hotkeys, tweak desktop components, instal
    plugins, never lose control over your desktop. No wizardry here, everything is
    simple. Even if you're not an experienced designer or programmer, you can
    create your own desktop the way you want it, not like someone else does.
    , Jul 18, 2006

  3. XPD

    Shank Guest

    wrote:

    > http://www.astonshell.com/aston/192/

    Another shell replacement that looks like it was designed by a schoolboy.

    Jeez, I'm trying to get rid of all the crap on my desktop, not add more.

    --
    Rob

    Stop playing that leather Euphonium and listen to me!
    Shank, Jul 18, 2006
  4. XPD

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Shank wrote:
    > wrote:
    >>
    >> http://www.astonshell.com/aston/192/
    >>

    > Another shell replacement that looks like it was designed by a schoolboy.
    >
    > Jeez, I'm trying to get rid of all the crap on my desktop, not add more.

    Trying to see how it differs from any of the OSS replacements - like
    bblean, etc, (which don't cost ~US$30.00)

    (BTW bblean will clean your desktop up nicely :) )

    And how does it compete with Stardock's skins and extensions, which have
    been around for years.

    Still, an interesting link, thanks to the OP.
    -=rjh=-, Jul 18, 2006
  5. XPD

    Guest

    On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:12:43 +1200, -=rjh=- <> wrote:

    >Shank wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.astonshell.com/aston/192/
    >>>

    >> Another shell replacement that looks like it was designed by a schoolboy.
    >>
    >> Jeez, I'm trying to get rid of all the crap on my desktop, not add more.
    >>

    >Trying to see how it differs from any of the OSS replacements - like
    >bblean, etc, (which don't cost ~US$30.00)
    >
    >(BTW bblean will clean your desktop up nicely :) )
    >
    >And how does it compete with Stardock's skins and extensions, which have
    >been around for years.
    >
    >Still, an interesting link, thanks to the OP.

    These Themes look better