    Also does asterisk handle NAT translation for users, such as having built in
    STUN server?

    Cheers
    RH, Jun 7, 2005

  2. RH wrote:
    || Hi everyone,
    || Can anyone recommend any tools for configuration of asterisk? my
    || linux machine running Linspire (ex Lindows) has asterisk installed
    || as an option, but there is no GUI option, I understand you can get
    || GUI tools is this correct?

    there have been many efforts - see
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk GUI

    || Also does asterisk handle NAT translation for users, such as having
    || built in STUN server?

    It doesn't use STUN. Port forwarding, DMZ or Public IP required.

    The Cable Guy, Jun 7, 2005

  3. RH

    Angus Comber Guest

    If you install Asterisk@Home you get a web interface for configuration. It
    is a good place to start. You even get an ISO image which you can cut to a
    CD and boot off to install.

    Angus

    Angus Comber, Jun 9, 2005
  4. RH

    shido Guest

    Angus Comber wrote:
    > If you install Asterisk@Home you get a web interface for configuration. It
    > is a good place to start. You even get an ISO image which you can cut to a
    > CD and boot off to install.
    >
    > Angus
    >

    > "RH" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi everyone,
    >>
    >>Can anyone recommend any tools for configuration of asterisk? my linux
    >>machine running Linspire (ex Lindows) has asterisk installed as an option,
    >>but there is no GUI option, I understand you can get GUI tools is this
    >>correct?
    >>
    >>Also does asterisk handle NAT translation for users, such as having built
    >>in STUN server?
    >>
    >>Cheers

    Asterisk@Home works fine if you already have a working asterisk install,
    otherwise you're going to run into some problems. If you're looking for
    Asterisk training you can schedule a session with http://www.nufone.net

    Asterisk does deal with NAT.

    IM:
    shido, Jun 30, 2005