  1. Hello
    who can say something about Asterisk?

    Moritz

    Moritz Beierlein, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Moritz Beierlein

    Guest Guest

    It's a free PBX.. There, I said something

    Why don't you just go read on http://www.asterisk.org ?

    Guest, Jun 25, 2004

  3. Moritz Beierlein <> wrote:
    > Hello
    > who can say something about Asterisk?

    Got it running on my linux router@home. It connects several sip
    accounts, my pstn line (via X100P) some softphones (Linphone) and a
    GrandStream SIPPhone. Works like a charm, I use the phone more often
    now... ;-)

    Next Project is connecting MBROLA (Text-To-Speech System).

    Gruss,
    Michael
    --
    Bitte melden Sie sich umgehend bei
    der Vertriebsleitung, wenn Sie diese

    Michael Steinmetz, Jun 29, 2004
  4. Moritz Beierlein

    Guest Guest

    In article <-butter.de>,
    Michael Steinmetz <> wrote:
    >Got it running on my linux router@home. It connects several sip
    >accounts, my pstn line (via X100P) some softphones (Linphone) and a
    >GrandStream SIPPhone. Works like a charm, I use the phone more often
    >now... ;-)
    >
    >Next Project is connecting MBROLA (Text-To-Speech System).

    Support for "festival" text-to-speech is in standard asterisk - what does
    MBROLA offer in addition or do better?

    Zane.

    Guest, Jun 30, 2004
  5. You can spoof Caller I.D. with it!
    http://securityfocus.com/news/9061

    Brian LaVallee, Jul 9, 2004
  6. wrote:

    > Support for "festival" text-to-speech is in standard asterisk - what does
    > MBROLA offer in addition or do better?

    German Phoneme Data, lots of.

    Greets,
    St1
    --
    Die alte Dame zum Bettler: "Hier haben Sie 5 EUR, aber
    daß Sie mir keinen Schnaps dafür kaufen!"

    Michael Steinmetz, Jul 10, 2004
  7. Moritz Beierlein

    Guest Guest

    In article <-butter.de>,
    Michael Steinmetz <> wrote:
    >> Support for "festival" text-to-speech is in standard asterisk - what does
    >> MBROLA offer in addition or do better?

    >German Phoneme Data, lots of.

    I see - I hadn't noticed your .de domain. According to
    http://www.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/phonetik/synthesis/festival_opensource.html,
    Festival can speak German, using the MRBOLA diphones and waveform engine.
    This might be easier than just using MRBOLA with Asterisk.

    Zane.

    Guest, Jul 10, 2004
  8. Moritz Beierlein

    328.28.00 Guest

    U¿ytkownik Brian LaVallee napisa³:

    > You can spoof Caller I.D. with it!

    and ?????

    R,
    --

    _For e.mail, click this_: http://e-mail.notlong.com

    328.28.00, Jul 10, 2004
  9. "Brian LaVallee" <> writes:
    >You can spoof Caller I.D. with it!
    >http://securityfocus.com/news/9061

    And this is news? Anybody with the right level of telco circuits and a
    little know-how have been doing this for 10 years++. CallerID isn't
    secure and has never been.

    What the VOIP IP providers now provide is that anybody that pays them
    $20/month can now do this as well.

    --
    Doug McIntyre
    Network Engineer/Jack of All Trades

    Doug McIntyre, Jul 12, 2004
  10. wrote:

    > I see - I hadn't noticed your .de domain. According to
    > http://www.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/phonetik/synthesis/festival_opensource.html,

    I know that site fairly well. ;-)
    On the other hand, I am comfortable with MBROLA, and have put some effort
    in tweaking it, and I dont know how to use festival with the german tts
    through the asterisk bindings yet...

    Greetings,
    St1
    --
    Die Existenz von Spam heißt, daß ein Medium noch lebt.
    Die Existenz von Pr0n heißt, daß es Zukunft hat.

    Michael Steinmetz, Jul 17, 2004
  11. Moritz Beierlein

    Zebedee Guest

    You can only spoof callerid if the voip provider allows it. They shouldn't
    allow this as it is completelt irresponsible.

    Zebedee, Jul 18, 2004