    it working can you please post the related parts in the extensions.conf
    and mgcp.conf files?

    Thanks a lot for your time.

    parvata, Jul 15, 2004

  2. parvata

    Majortom Guest

    I may be wrong here, but I thought mgcp was used to communicate with a
    gateway, not with phones. If you are using Cisco IP phones with the SCCP
    image, asterisk can support it with it's own skinny channel driver or you
    can get another one that may work better at
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk SCCP channels . Unfortunately, I
    haven't tried it yet but there's a how-to on that site. Good luck and please
    let me know how it goes.

    Regards

    Majortom

    Majortom, Jul 15, 2004

  3. parvata

    ytsong Guest

    (parvata) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi,
    > Has anyone here got asterisk working with th MGCP protocol? I have a problem
    > with MGCP phone connecting to the asterisk PBX system. I have done a
    > thorough search in the asterisk as well as digium's web site but of not
    > much help. Please let me know if any has got it working. If you have got
    > it working can you please post the related parts in the extensions.conf
    > and mgcp.conf files?
    >
    > Thanks a lot for your time.

    Just FYI,

    I've been testing asterisk with the protocol,
    and got working with our device.

    I had some problem with
    1. wildcard RSIP, but recent version has support for it.

    2. digitmap handling, made some change into the chan_mgcp.c for
    working in digitmap mode.

    3. extensions.conf has something like:

    exten => 7001,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/)
    exten => 7002,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/)
    exten => 7003,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/)
    exten => 7004,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/)
    exten => 7005,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/)
    exten => 7006,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/)
    exten => 7007,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/)
    exten => 7008,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/)

    4. mgcp.conf has
    [smta1.syspol.com]
    context=default
    host=smta1.syspol.com
    wcardep => aaln/*
    line => aaln/1
    line => aaln/2
    line => aaln/3
    line => aaln/4
    line => aaln/5
    line => aaln/6
    line => aaln/7
    line => aaln/8

    Thanks.

    - ytsong

    ytsong, Jul 15, 2004
  4. parvata

    Soren Rathje Guest

    parvata wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Has anyone here got asterisk working with th MGCP protocol? I have a
    > problem with MGCP phone connecting to the asterisk PBX system. I have
    > done a thorough search in the asterisk as well as digium's web site
    > but of not much help. Please let me know if any has got it working.
    > If you have got
    > it working can you please post the related parts in the
    > extensions.conf
    > and mgcp.conf files?
    >
    > Thanks a lot for your time.

    Prior questions and answers from the Asterisk user group:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=site:lists.digium.com -Asterisk-cvs Asterisk-Users MGCP

    Topics about MGCP on the Wiki:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.voip-info.org Asterisk MGCP

    Anyway, I suggest you sign up with the Asterisk-Users maillinglist, that
    is where the "experts live"..:)

    Or, join irc.freenode.net, register your nick (/msg nickserv help) and
    join #asterisk for an online discussion.

    -- Soren

    Soren Rathje, Jul 15, 2004
  5. parvata

    Gareth Babb Guest

    On 14 Jul 2004 16:44:10 -0700, parvata <> wrote:

    > Has anyone here got asterisk working with th MGCP protocol? I have a problem
    > with MGCP phone connecting to the asterisk PBX system. I have done a
    > thorough search in the asterisk as well as digium's web site but of not
    > much help. Please let me know if any has got it working. If you have got
    > it working can you please post the related parts in the extensions.conf
    > and mgcp.conf files?

    I use the MGCP ATA186 image fine.

    If you were to detail your problem a bit better than someone might be able
    to help ...

    What *exactly* is the problem ?

    Gareth Babb, Jul 15, 2004