    Hope somebody can help! TIA
    Paul

    , Oct 27, 2007

  2. Jono Guest

    submitted this idea :

    <http://www.provu.co.uk/imgs/sipura/longlinepbxextension_v2.png>

    Jono, Oct 27, 2007

  3. alexd Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Is there anyway to easily link the Versatility system with Asterisk?
    > All I need is to assign one of our extensions on the Versatility PBX
    > to be dealt with by asterisk.

    FSVO 'easy'.

    > This way, I can use wireless to reach where DECT and cables can't?
    > Another possibility is to use Gizmo to connect to asterisk for a
    > teleworker?

    Yes, amongst other clever things.

    > I'm looking to convince the penny pinchers that Asterisk is a viable
    > alternative to a BT PBX, so what better way to save them some £££ - so
    > something like this would be really good!

    If you get the requisite interface cards, you can sit Asterisk between your
    Versatility and the PSTN, so the Versatility thinks it's talking to the
    PSTN, and won't know any different. This means that you can start upgrading
    users to IP by having them connected to Asterisk, and do clever stuff like
    IP phones at remote branches, softphones for mobile users, and all the rest
    of the good stuff. You don't have to rip and replace, and can migrate
    extensions at a pace to suit yourselves.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    50,000 watts of funking power

    alexd, Oct 27, 2007