Asterisk/Trixbox Speed Dials and number lookups?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Sparks, Nov 20, 2006.

  1. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    Hi,

    Is there a way to program in a lookup table in Asterisk/Trixbox to match
    names to numbers?

    My DECT phones I have connected to my Trixbox, via ATA's display names and
    numbers, via caller ID (If I call from one DECT phone to the other (through
    Trixbox) the name of the extension is displayed, so it is getting this via
    the caller ID)

    I want to program in a list of various names and PSTN numbers, so when they
    call me, I can see who it is.

    Having this integrated into a speed dial list would be ideal, so for
    example, if I could dial 501 to call my mobile, then when my mobile calls
    in, it sees the number and changed the caller ID to "Mobile" <07XXX XXX XXX>

    Is this doable?
    Most "proper" PBX's with display phones do this don't they?

    Sparks...
    Sparks, Nov 20, 2006

  2. Sparks

    Jono Guest

    Sparks pretended :
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a way to program in a lookup table in Asterisk/Trixbox to match
    > names to numbers?
    >
    > My DECT phones I have connected to my Trixbox, via ATA's display names and
    > numbers, via caller ID (If I call from one DECT phone to the other (through
    > Trixbox) the name of the extension is displayed, so it is getting this via
    > the caller ID)
    >
    > I want to program in a list of various names and PSTN numbers, so when they
    > call me, I can see who it is.
    >
    > Having this integrated into a speed dial list would be ideal, so for example,
    > if I could dial 501 to call my mobile, then when my mobile calls in, it sees
    > the number and changed the caller ID to "Mobile" <07XXX XXX XXX>
    >
    > Is this doable?
    > Most "proper" PBX's with display phones do this don't they?
    >
    > Sparks...

    Yes. <http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=143> is what I was about to
    embark upon.......perhaps once you've configured it for the UK you'd be
    kind enough to share?
    Jono, Nov 20, 2006