    Asterisk working (minimum hardware and place to get it). I saw the
    X100p and other cards on digium.com. Is there a way to go cheaper?

    Thanks a bunch.

    hello_r, Aug 10, 2003

  2. hello_r

    Kyler Laird Guest

    (hello_r) writes:

    >I was wondering if there
    >is some literature out there (website/books etc) on Asterisk
    >installation that could help me. I looked around for help on
    >Asterisk.org but couldn't get to the right link. The handbook project
    >details more about the Asterisk and I need to get more information on
    >istallation (including hardware) before I get into configuration.

    Indeed. I just installed the development kit I bought from Digium.
    After switching back to a 2.4 kernel, I was able to compile and
    install (with minor hitches) everything from CVS. When I modprobe-d
    the devices, they appeared to install just fine.

    After that, I'm lost. I just want to set up the "mythical 1x1 PBX".
    (Hmmm...a "mythical" system sold by the primary sponsor...)

    There's support included. I'm planning on trying it on Monday. For
    now, I just feel like an idiot.

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Aug 11, 2003