Asterisk Sound Files

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Matt, Dec 23, 2005.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Matt, Dec 23, 2005

  2. On 23 Dec 2005 01:22:42 -0800, "Matt" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Has anyone had any success with the sound files found here?
    >

    >http://www.g7ltt.com/VoIP/vmfiles.html
    >
    >The tar files download OK, but the contents do not extract.

    Works for me. I also tried using gunzip on the file, and it
    seemed to think it was OK - but mentioned 'trailing garbage ignored'.

    It looks as if all the files are there though - and I've played a
    few of them to check.

    Regards,
    Harry.

    Harry Broomhall, Dec 23, 2005

  3. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Matt wrote:
    || Hi,
    || Has anyone had any success with the sound files found here?
    || http://www.g7ltt.com/VoIP/vmfiles.html
    || The tar files download OK, but the contents do not extract.
    || Many thanks
    || Matthew

    The WAVs certainly play OK. I've not tried the GSM ones yet.

    Would I choose either, or both.......? (If I want to use them)

    I'd also /really/ like to know how to use a WAV to replace the actual
    personalised greeting, rather than just the system sounds.

    Jono, Dec 23, 2005
  4. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Jono

    Which bit of the personalised greeting do you want to change?

    Matt

    Matt, Dec 23, 2005
  5. Matt

    Matt Guest

    just tried to d/l again.

    Upload to the asterisk box...

    tar -xvf vmukmale.tar
    tar: This does not look like a tar archive
    tar: Skipping to next header
    tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    Matt

    Matt, Dec 23, 2005
  6. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Matt wrote:
    || Jono
    || Which bit of the personalised greeting do you want to change?
    || Matt

    The bit that you would record by dialing into voicemail and selecting 0 for
    mailbox optons, then 1 to record your unavailable message.

    I'm not a lover of my own recorded voice but have a wav that I would like to
    use.

    Jono, Dec 23, 2005
  7. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Matt wrote:
    || just tried to d/l again.
    || Upload to the asterisk box...
    || tar -xvf vmukmale.tar
    || tar: This does not look like a tar archive
    || tar: Skipping to next header
    || tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers
    || tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
    || Any ideas?
    || Thanks
    || Matt

    I've emailed them to you (Extracted but zipped.)

    Jono, Dec 23, 2005
  8. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Matt, Dec 23, 2005
  9. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Jono, Dec 23, 2005
  10. Matt

    alexd Guest

    alexd, Dec 23, 2005
  11. Matt

    Matt Guest

    OK, silly question....

    Where did you extract them to?

    I've put them in var/lib/asterisk/sounds, but I still get the
    australian prompts I installed earlier!

    Do I need to change any ownerships or rights?

    Thanks

    Matthew

    Matt, Dec 23, 2005
  12. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Matt wrote:
    || OK, silly question....
    || Where did you extract them to?
    || I've put them in var/lib/asterisk/sounds, but I still get the
    || australian prompts I installed earlier!
    || Do I need to change any ownerships or rights?
    || Thanks
    || Matthew

    That's strange.

    Are you sure you're extracting the right files?

    When I put new sounds in, they change immediately.

    Could you use something like WinSCP3 to just copy them over? (Assuming you
    use Windows at all, that is)

    You could even use WinSCP3 to check the contents of var/lib/asterisk/sounds.
    If you have Quicktime installed, you can play back the gsm files by
    double-clicking them in WinSCP3.

    Jono, Dec 23, 2005
  13. On 23 Dec 2005 13:58:56 -0800, "Matt" <>
    wrote:

    >OK, silly question....
    >
    >Where did you extract them to?

    In my case - a random directory to test them. I don't run Asterisk
    so can't comment on how they integrate.

    I was just checking there was no fundamental prob with the files,
    which, as far as I can test, there isn't.

    Regards,
    Harry.

    Harry Broomhall, Dec 23, 2005
  14. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Something funny happened there....

    Just installed WinSCP3 and used that - very simple and effective.

    Voice prompts now working.

    Just need to find a way to save the nuance prompts!

    Cheers Jono!

    Matt

    Matt, Dec 24, 2005
  15. Matt

    Jono Guest

    "Matt" <> wrote in message
    > Something funny happened there....
    >
    > Just installed WinSCP3 and used that - very simple and effective.
    >
    > Voice prompts now working.
    >
    > Just need to find a way to save the nuance prompts!

    They're a piece of cake.

    Once downloaded, open in say Nero Wave Editor. Join up any short files to
    make one long file. Go to Edit, Convert Sample Rate. Choose 8000Hz
    (Telephone) & 16 Bit (CD and DAT). Untick Stereo. OK. Save.

    All done.

    Jono, Dec 24, 2005
  16. Matt

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Matt wrote:
    > just tried to d/l again.
    >
    > Upload to the asterisk box...
    >
    > tar -xvf vmukmale.tar
    > tar: This does not look like a tar archive
    > tar: Skipping to next header
    > tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Try 'file vmukmail.tar' to see what type of file it is.

    I suspect it is a GZIP-ed tar file, with the extension stripped by the
    browser you downloaded it with. If it is, try 'mv vmukmail.tar
    vmukmail.tgz ; tar -zxvf vmukmail.tgz'.

    Paul Cupis, Dec 27, 2005