    -
    Only want to start with something simple at first-
    Thanks!

    abUser, Jan 18, 2005

  2. abUser

    BlueRinse Guest

    > I don't have any FX0 cards or anything, just a Fedora box Can I just set
    > up Asterisk on a LAN to connect a number of IP phones on the network so
    > they can all dial each other on local network and leave voicemail?

    Yes. Look here:

    http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2003/07/03/asterisk.html

    BlueRinse, Jan 18, 2005

  3. abUser

    Kyler Laird Guest

    "abUser" <> writes:

    >I'm absolutely new to Asterisk!

    Welcome.

    >I don't have any FX0 cards or anything,

    I do. I rarely use them anymore.

    For about $30 you can buy prepaid time with a decent VoIP provider.
    At less than $0.02/minute that goes a long way. It's hard for me to
    justify messing with telephone lines just to get worse service (fewer
    features, single call appearance, poor line supervision, ...).

    >just a Fedora box
    >Can I just set up Asterisk on a LAN to connect a number of IP phones on the
    >network so they can all dial each other on local network and leave
    >voicemail?

    Definitely. Asterisk is quite capable of that (and I've done it).
    Give Asterisk a shot but don't hesitate to ask for help here. I know
    there are people monitoring who would appreciate hearing about your
    experience.

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Jan 19, 2005
  4. abUser

    abUser Guest

    Thanks a lot for the answers,

    managed to setup just what was looking for.
    good link with a practical example was:
    http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2003/07/03/asterisk.html?page=4

    abUser, Jan 24, 2005