    The quality of the voice in the Asterisk IVR is awful.

    If I add some hardware, will the quality improve??

    -Ramon
    Ramon F Herrera, Sep 7, 2005

  2. "Ramon F Herrera" <> wrote in news:1126059491.007757.66840
    @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > For comparison purposes, I set up two very similar IVR systems. One is
    > a traditional IVR based on a Dialogic voice board while the other is a
    > software-only IVR based on Asterisk.
    >
    > The quality of the voice in the Asterisk IVR is awful.
    >
    > If I add some hardware, will the quality improve??

    You can add a zaptel compatible card or use ztdummy. This should improve
    your quality.

    --
    Andreas
    Andreas Sikkema, Sep 7, 2005

  3. Ramon F Herrera

    Kyler Laird Guest

    "Ramon F Herrera" <> writes:

    >If I add some hardware, will the quality improve??

    Why even add hardware? Is there a problem with using the Dialogic
    hardware under Asterisk?

    --kyler
    Kyler Laird, Sep 7, 2005
  4. Kyler wrote:

    > Why even add hardware? Is there a problem with using the Dialogic
    > hardware under Asterisk?

    There is indeed a problem using Dialogic hardware under Asterisk.
    For obvious reasons, the hardware support is extremely biased toward
    Digium boards. The Dialogic support is somewhere between "lacking" and
    "none".

    -RFH
    Ramon F Herrera, Sep 7, 2005
  5. Ramon F Herrera

    sevana

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    Helsinki, Finland
    Hello,

    Concerning measuring Asteriks voice
    quality for various terminations, we have developed a software that is
    successfully used by some of our customers who have Asteriks installed and
    perform voice quality monitoring quite easily on their own hardware in
    this manner:

    1. Originate a call on the monitoring server, using Asterisk manager
    interface, to a server which is running an echo application
    2. Monitor both inbound and outbound legs of the call, and save as wav
    files.
    3. Use AQuA (our product) to compare the wav files.

    We would be happy to hear from those, who are interested in such solution and will
    be looking forward to your feedback. Thank you!

    Best regards,
    Sevana Oy
    sevana, Aug 13, 2009