Asterisk Inside a NAT - Phone outside

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by RH, Oct 22, 2005.

  1. RH

    RH Guest

    Hi, Please can someone help me from pulling all my hair out!

    I have an asterisk@home 1.5 server running behind my ovislink router
    I have my trunks working for incoming and outgoing SIP IAX2 calls
    and SIP phones on the local network working well.

    Now I have been testing with SIP connections to asterisk over the net.
    somehow I managed to get it working once, but since then I can not get
    phones to register
    Looking at sites from searches it talks about having to set settings to make
    this work

    I added this to sip.conf
    nat=yes
    inside_net=192.168.1.100 ;
    inside_mask=255.255.255.0
    outside_addr=62.49.XX.XX

    does not seem to work

    I have port forwarding on

    Any ideas anyone one...by head is hurting trying to work out how to get this
    to work!
    RH, Oct 22, 2005

  2. RH

    Ian Guest

    "RH" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, Please can someone help me from pulling all my hair out!
    >
    > I have an asterisk@home 1.5 server running behind my ovislink router
    > I have my trunks working for incoming and outgoing SIP IAX2 calls
    > and SIP phones on the local network working well.
    >
    > Now I have been testing with SIP connections to asterisk over the net.
    > somehow I managed to get it working once, but since then I can not get
    > phones to register
    > Looking at sites from searches it talks about having to set settings to

    make
    > this work
    >
    > I added this to sip.conf
    > nat=yes
    > inside_net=192.168.1.100 ;
    > inside_mask=255.255.255.0
    > outside_addr=62.49.XX.XX
    >
    > does not seem to work
    >
    > I have port forwarding on
    >
    > Any ideas anyone one...by head is hurting trying to work out how to get

    this
    > to work!

    Well what you have done so far is a couple of years out of date!
    have a look at the wiki for nat and externip, You may get more luck unless
    you are trying double nat traversal !
    Ian
    Ian, Oct 22, 2005