    "unavailable"....etc..

    - Any idea ??

    Thanks for your help

    Steve, Jan 20, 2010

  2. Steve

    alexd Guest

    Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.voip Job Justification Hearings, Steve chose
    the tried and tested strategy of:

    > I would like to know if there is a way to hide an extensions between 2
    > sip phones, connected to Asterisk ? ( I am using Asterisk 1.6.2 )

    > I would like to see something like "unavailable"....etc..

    Do you want to do this globally, or just for calls between the two handsets?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    DIMENSION-CONTROLLING FORT DOH HAS NOW BEEN DEMOLISHED,

    alexd, Jan 21, 2010

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    alexd wrote:
    > Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.voip Job Justification Hearings, Steve chose
    > the tried and tested strategy of:
    >
    >> I would like to know if there is a way to hide an extensions between 2
    >> sip phones, connected to Asterisk ? ( I am using Asterisk 1.6.2 )

    >> I would like to see something like "unavailable"....etc..

    > Do you want to do this globally, or just for calls between the two handsets?

    hi,

    no, I don't wan to do globally, but just for a specific SIP phone. Some
    phone have this possibility, some don't
    and some phone features ( like the *34 etc.. ) can be in conflict with
    the Asterisk server.
    i would prefer to do it on the SIP conf

    Using a VoiP provider, a Set( CALLERID(num)=123456670) doesn't work for
    me, because I suppose that the VoIP line provide has to force the line
    number

    So, at the moment, I just want to hide to show the extension for some phones

    Thanks for your help

    Steve, Jan 22, 2010
  4. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Steve wrote :
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I would like to know if there is a way to hide an extensions between 2
    >> sip phones, connected to Asterisk ? ( I am using Asterisk 1.6.2 )
    >>
    >> I tried ( for my SIP.CONF )
    >>
    >> Hidecallerid=no
    >> or
    >> restrictedID=yes
    >>
    >> Nothing works ! :-( I would like to see something like
    >> "unavailable"....etc..
    >>
    >> - Any idea ??
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help

    > Why??
    >
    > Snom phones have a privacy setting that allows this.

    hi,

    yes, but you might be in conflict with the ASterisk server.... when you
    have the same key function ( eg: *78 ) on both Server and phone.... :-(

    I would prefer to handle this directly from the server

    thanks

    Steve, Jan 22, 2010
  5. In article <4b577ffd$0$23530$>,
    Steve <Steve@noreply> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I would like to know if there is a way to hide an extensions between 2
    >sip phones, connected to Asterisk ? ( I am using Asterisk 1.6.2 )
    >
    >I tried ( for my SIP.CONF )
    >
    >Hidecallerid=no
    >or
    >restrictedID=yes
    >
    >Nothing works ! :-( I would like to see something like
    >"unavailable"....etc..
    >
    >- Any idea ??

    It's actually quite easy to do in the dialplan, but a lot will depend
    on how your dialplan is constructed - or alterable by yourself.

    One way to do it is on the called extension side - so if when
    you call extension 222 it effectively does:

    exten => 202,1,Dial(SIP/222)

    then you can do

    exten => 202,1,Set(CALLERID(num,"Withheld"))
    exten => 202,n,Set(CALLERID(name,"Withheld"))
    exten => 202,n,Dial(SIP/202)

    That will then alter the caller ID to Withheld - but it will do it when
    any phone calls extension 202.

    If you want to do it when just one phone calls 202, then one way is to
    use the astdb to store a value, tied to the calling extension which you
    check on the called dialplan code, or call a special number...

    Eg. dial 141 then a 3-digit extension to withhold ID to that extension:

    exten => _141XXX,1,Set(CALLERID(all,"Withheld"))
    exten => _141XXX,n,Goto(${EXTEN:3},1)

    And so on.

    (Apologies if you enter this & get syntax errors, I'm typing on a Friday
    night and have nt tested it)

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Jan 22, 2010
  6. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > In article <4b577ffd$0$23530$>,
    > Steve <Steve@noreply> wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I would like to know if there is a way to hide an extensions between 2
    >> sip phones, connected to Asterisk ? ( I am using Asterisk 1.6.2 )
    >>
    >> I tried ( for my SIP.CONF )
    >>
    >> Hidecallerid=no
    >> or
    >> restrictedID=yes
    >>
    >> Nothing works ! :-( I would like to see something like
    >> "unavailable"....etc..
    >>
    >> - Any idea ??

    > It's actually quite easy to do in the dialplan, but a lot will depend
    > on how your dialplan is constructed - or alterable by yourself.
    >
    > One way to do it is on the called extension side - so if when
    > you call extension 222 it effectively does:
    >
    > exten => 202,1,Dial(SIP/222)
    >

    > then you can do
    >
    > exten => 202,1,Set(CALLERID(num,"Withheld"))
    > exten => 202,n,Set(CALLERID(name,"Withheld"))
    > exten => 202,n,Dial(SIP/202)
    >
    > That will then alter the caller ID to Withheld - but it will do it when
    > any phone calls extension 202.
    >
    > If you want to do it when just one phone calls 202, then one way is to
    > use the astdb to store a value, tied to the calling extension which you
    > check on the called dialplan code, or call a special number...
    >
    > Eg. dial 141 then a 3-digit extension to withhold ID to that extension:
    >
    > exten => _141XXX,1,Set(CALLERID(all,"Withheld"))
    > exten => _141XXX,n,Goto(${EXTEN:3},1)
    >
    > And so on.
    >
    > (Apologies if you enter this & get syntax errors, I'm typing on a Friday
    > night and have nt tested it)
    >
    > Gordon

    Thanks Gordon,
    I will try this immediately..
    Thanks again and have a good WE :)

    Steve, Jan 22, 2010
  7. Steve

    alexd Guest

    Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.voip Job Justification Hearings, Steve chose
    the tried and tested strategy of:

    > no, I don't wan to do globally, but just for a specific SIP phone.

    > i would prefer to do it on the SIP conf

    This kind of clever stuff will need to be done in extensions.conf, as
    anything you did in sip.conf will apply to everything the given handset
    does.

    I would start by putting the two special extensions in their own context [as
    you only want CallerID barred on calls between these two handsets, and not
    other extensions, right?]. See Gordon's post elsethread for more ideas.

    > and some phone features ( like the *34 etc.. ) can be in conflict with
    > the Asterisk server.

    I should have thought that the feature codes are interpreted by the handset
    before sending to Asterisk [or whatever it's calling to]. So if *34 is
    special to the handset, the handset should interpret it before passing it on
    to Asterisk. BICBW.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    21:07:04 up 2 days, 8 min, 5 users, load average: 0.02, 0.01, 0.00

    alexd, Jan 22, 2010
  8. In article <>, alexd <> wrote:

    >> and some phone features ( like the *34 etc.. ) can be in conflict with
    >> the Asterisk server.

    >I should have thought that the feature codes are interpreted by the handset
    >before sending to Asterisk [or whatever it's calling to]. So if *34 is
    >special to the handset, the handset should interpret it before passing it on
    >to Asterisk. BICBW.

    That is the case - and some SIP phones are quite "smart" in what they
    can do, and it's all within the SIP protocol. You can actually have
    quite a sophisticated system with diverts to other phones, voicemail,
    etc. all without writing a line of code in the PBX... As long as the
    phone is turned on and plugged in... And everyone has the same make of
    phone - as most makes have their own set of feature-codes and they're
    mostly different..

    So I turn off the phone's own feature-codes when I can and implement
    a common set in my PBXs..

    And oddly enough no-ones asked me to withhold caller ID between 2 SIP
    phones ... yet ... I actually force the caller ID to be set in the PBX,
    and totally ignore what the phone tells me.

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Jan 22, 2010
  9. Steve

    Steve Guest

    alexd wrote:
    > Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.voip Job Justification Hearings, Steve chose
    > the tried and tested strategy of:
    >
    >> no, I don't wan to do globally, but just for a specific SIP phone.

    >> i would prefer to do it on the SIP conf

    > This kind of clever stuff will need to be done in extensions.conf, as
    > anything you did in sip.conf will apply to everything the given handset
    > does.
    >
    > I would start by putting the two special extensions in their own context [as
    > you only want CallerID barred on calls between these two handsets, and not
    > other extensions, right?]. See Gordon's post elsethread for more ideas.
    >
    >> and some phone features ( like the *34 etc.. ) can be in conflict with
    >> the Asterisk server.

    > I should have thought that the feature codes are interpreted by the handset
    > before sending to Asterisk [or whatever it's calling to]. So if *34 is
    > special to the handset, the handset should interpret it before passing it on
    > to Asterisk. BICBW.

    I just made the test. I have a Spa941 and I have :
    'Block CID Per Call Act Code:*81'

    I did it, dialed the number but is still displayed :-(

    Is there something to add on the Asterisk server ? or is it completely
    independent ?

    Cheers,

    Steve, Jan 23, 2010
  10. In article <4B5AB4B0.5070308@noreply>, Steve <Steve@noreply> wrote:
    >alexd wrote:
    >> Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.voip Job Justification Hearings, Steve chose
    >> the tried and tested strategy of:
    >>
    >>> no, I don't wan to do globally, but just for a specific SIP phone.

    >>> i would prefer to do it on the SIP conf

    >> This kind of clever stuff will need to be done in extensions.conf, as
    >> anything you did in sip.conf will apply to everything the given handset
    >> does.
    >>
    >> I would start by putting the two special extensions in their own context [as
    >> you only want CallerID barred on calls between these two handsets, and not
    >> other extensions, right?]. See Gordon's post elsethread for more ideas.
    >>
    >>> and some phone features ( like the *34 etc.. ) can be in conflict with
    >>> the Asterisk server.

    >> I should have thought that the feature codes are interpreted by the handset
    >> before sending to Asterisk [or whatever it's calling to]. So if *34 is
    >> special to the handset, the handset should interpret it before passing it on
    >> to Asterisk. BICBW.
    >>

    >I just made the test. I have a Spa941 and I have :
    >'Block CID Per Call Act Code:*81'
    >
    >I did it, dialed the number but is still displayed :-(
    >
    >Is there something to add on the Asterisk server ? or is it completely
    >independent ?

    It will depend entirely on your dialplan. Is this something you're doing
    from scratch, or does it have (e.g.) FreePBX? (ie. trixbox, etc.)

    It's it's something else, it may be that the something else is forcing the
    caller ID to whatever you put in the database to define that phone. (Which
    is what I do in my systems) Is the caller ID being display the ID string
    you put in the phone or in the database on the PBX?

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Jan 23, 2010