    no problem.

    Any ideas/pointers anyone?

    TIA

    Rupert, Jun 9, 2005

  2. Rupert

    JuliusP Guest

    Rupert wrote:
    > I've got an Asterisk@Home box at site "A" on a public IP. On site "B" I
    > have three X-Lie installations all behind a NATed firewall trying to talk to
    > the a@h box over the net.
    >
    > Thing is only one of the X-Lite installations can connect - all the others
    > just time out trying. I've checked everything I can and as far as I can tell
    > they're all set up in the same way (to different extensions though). They're
    > all new, fresh installations of the latest version, and the one that can
    > connect can connect to any/all extensions. All are on Windows 2000. One of
    > the ones that can't connect to my a@h box can connect to a sipgate account,
    > no problem.
    >
    > Any ideas/pointers anyone?

    When traffic destined back to the X-Lite installations is received on
    your nated firewall, how does the firewall know which inside device is
    to receive the traffic???

    JuliusP, Jun 9, 2005

  3. Rupert

    Paul Newman Guest

    The SIP port and RTP port need to be unique across all x-lite installations
    on your LAN. You can change them in the Network menu in x-lite. The defaults
    are:
    - SIP port: 5060
    - RTP port 8000 (also uses 8001)
    Each additional 'line' in x-lite uses another 2 ports, e.g. 2nd line uses
    8002 and 8003.

    Just change them to something else on the 2nd machine, leaving a suitable
    gap for RTP, e.g. 5061 and 8010. Likewise for 3rd and subsequent machines.

    Hope that helps.

    Paul Newman, Jun 9, 2005
  4. Rupert

    Rupert Guest

    "Paul Newman" <> wrote in message

    > The SIP port and RTP port need to be unique across all x-lite

    installations
    > on your LAN. You can change them in the Network menu in x-lite. The

    defaults
    > are:
    > - SIP port: 5060
    > - RTP port 8000 (also uses 8001)
    > Each additional 'line' in x-lite uses another 2 ports, e.g. 2nd line uses
    > 8002 and 8003.
    >
    > Just change them to something else on the 2nd machine, leaving a suitable
    > gap for RTP, e.g. 5061 and 8010. Likewise for 3rd and subsequent machines.
    >
    > Hope that helps.

    Yep, I did - sorted. Thanks.

    Rupert, Jun 14, 2005