Asterisk@home with Safecom SDSIP-5000 phone

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by linker3000, Apr 27, 2006.

  1. linker3000

    linker3000 Guest

    I am on a steep learning curve with asterisk@home - I have nearly got
    things working and would appreciate any insight from anyone who's using
    this phone with Asterisk@home.

    My main question is what do you put in the Username / Phone no field in
    the SIP settings - when I was connecting directly to my VoIP provider
    this was 'userid @voip.co.uk' - eg: '123456 @voip.co.uk' but what do I
    use for the Asterisk server?

    The phone was registering this afternoon but I cannot make outbound
    calls - I was getting a lovely female voice telling me that all trunks
    were busy (or something like that), but having tweaked further all I get
    now is a beep-beep tone and the phone displays something like 'not
    found' even though it's still registered - can't be more specific 'cos I
    am posting from home and the phone's in the office.

    All useful Asterisk tips welcome. I'm off to check the wiki etc.

    Thanks

    linker3000, Apr 27, 2006

  2. linker3000

    paul123 Guest

    linker3000 wrote:
    > I am on a steep learning curve with asterisk@home - I have nearly got
    > things working and would appreciate any insight from anyone who's using
    > this phone with Asterisk@home.
    >
    > My main question is what do you put in the Username / Phone no field in
    > the SIP settings - when I was connecting directly to my VoIP provider
    > this was 'userid @voip.co.uk' - eg: '123456 @voip.co.uk' but what do I
    > use for the Asterisk server?
    >
    > The phone was registering this afternoon but I cannot make outbound
    > calls - I was getting a lovely female voice telling me that all trunks
    > were busy (or something like that), but having tweaked further all I get
    > now is a beep-beep tone and the phone displays something like 'not
    > found' even though it's still registered - can't be more specific 'cos I
    > am posting from home and the phone's in the office.
    >
    > All useful Asterisk tips welcome. I'm off to check the wiki etc.
    >
    > Thanks

    I'm not using that phone but....(and I'm assuming you've set the phone
    up as an extension of *) it sounds likeit could be an Outbound routing
    problem.

    What version are you using? 2.8?

    If so, in FreePBX go to Tools>Asterisk info and check that both the
    trunk and the extension you're using are registered.

    If so, in Setup>Outbound routes you need to set up the outbound routing
    to point to your voip.co.uk trunk and in that trunk you need to check
    your "Outgoing Dial Rules".

    This isn't necessarily a solution, but a starting point.

    paul123, Apr 28, 2006

  3. linker3000

    Jono Guest

    linker3000 wrote:
    > I am on a steep learning curve with asterisk@home - I have nearly got
    > things working and would appreciate any insight from anyone who's using
    > this phone with Asterisk@home.

    Only from people using that phone? (I'm not)

    > My main question is what do you put in the Username / Phone no field in
    > the SIP settings - when I was connecting directly to my VoIP provider
    > this was 'userid @voip.co.uk' - eg: '123456 @voip.co.uk' but what do I
    > use for the Asterisk server?

    The username is your Asterisk extension number for the phone.
    The password is the extension's secret.

    > The phone was registering this afternoon but I cannot make outbound
    > calls - I was getting a lovely female voice telling me that all trunks
    > were busy (or something like that), but having tweaked further all I get
    > now is a beep-beep tone and the phone displays something like 'not
    > found' even though it's still registered - can't be more specific 'cos I
    > am posting from home and the phone's in the office.

    What have you tweaked? Have you been playing with AMP/freePBX or have
    you been delving into the .conf files?

    Check your outbound routes; reboot your phone; undo what you tweaked;

    > All useful Asterisk tips welcome. I'm off to check the wiki etc.

    voxilla is as good as the wiki, not forgetting http://nerdvittles.com
    as well.

    Jono, Apr 28, 2006
  4. linker3000

    linker3000 Guest

    paul123 wrote:
    > linker3000 wrote:
    >> I am on a steep learning curve with asterisk@home - I have nearly got
    >> things working and would appreciate any insight from anyone who's using
    >> this phone with Asterisk@home.
    >>
    >> My main question is what do you put in the Username / Phone no field in
    >> the SIP settings - when I was connecting directly to my VoIP provider
    >> this was 'userid @voip.co.uk' - eg: '123456 @voip.co.uk' but what do I
    >> use for the Asterisk server?
    >>
    >> The phone was registering this afternoon but I cannot make outbound
    >> calls - I was getting a lovely female voice telling me that all trunks
    >> were busy (or something like that), but having tweaked further all I get
    >> now is a beep-beep tone and the phone displays something like 'not
    >> found' even though it's still registered - can't be more specific 'cos I
    >> am posting from home and the phone's in the office.
    >>
    >> All useful Asterisk tips welcome. I'm off to check the wiki etc.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > I'm not using that phone but....(and I'm assuming you've set the phone
    > up as an extension of *) it sounds likeit could be an Outbound routing
    > problem.
    >
    > What version are you using? 2.8?
    >
    > If so, in FreePBX go to Tools>Asterisk info and check that both the
    > trunk and the extension you're using are registered.
    >
    > If so, in Setup>Outbound routes you need to set up the outbound routing
    > to point to your voip.co.uk trunk and in that trunk you need to check
    > your "Outgoing Dial Rules".
    >
    > This isn't necessarily a solution, but a starting point.

    Thanks for the advice guys - things are getting better - the phones
    register and we can dial between extensions. I ended up with the obvious
    in the username / phone field - ie: 200@192.168.101.220 (the server's IP
    address) - which I had tried before but probably some other part of my
    setup was causing problems.

    Inbound calls also work but no outbound yet - probably a rules issue -
    also no voicemail but group hunting works.

    I'll get there!

    linker3000, Apr 29, 2006
  5. linker3000

    SalmoLes

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Help !!!!

    It sounds like you have got your SafeCom 5000 to register with Asterisk. I cant at all, could you please help me. I have tried a number of possible permutations.
    Asterisk Extension is user:400 password:******* and the PBX server IP address is 192.168.1.3
    Phone is set as ...
    Login User ID: 400
    Login Password: *******
    (No tick against) Ignore qop Parameter in Digest Authentication

    Alias/Nickname/Display: 400
    Protocol: sip
    Email-like Address 400@192.168.1.3
    Proxy Server: Default Outbound Proxy