Asterisk@Home + SPA-3000 quirks

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by paul123, May 25, 2006.

  1. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    On AAH 2.8 I have a spa-3000 setup according to the nerdvittles
    instructions. The only difference is that to handle incoming calls I
    created an inbound route to point at a ring group. Calls come in to
    asterisk OK but there's some quirky behaviour with the ring groups.

    Ring group 1 doesn't include ext 204 (which is the spa-3000 extension),
    ring group 2 does.

    If I point the inbound at RG1 the extensions in that group ring a
    couple of times, stop and then start ringing again a couple of seconds
    later. If I pick up in that 2 second break, I just get a dialtone...
    and then have to pick up one of the other extensions in that group to
    answer the call.

    If I point the inbound at RG2, I get the same behaviour except the 204
    extension doesn't ring.

    If I point the inbound at just that extension, it doesn't ring.

    [I can call 204 from other extensions and 204 can call out via asterisk
    with no probs.]

    Any pointers/ideas as to what could be wrong?

    paul123, May 25, 2006

  2. paul123

    alexd Guest

    paul123 wrote:

    <snip tale of woe>

    > Any pointers/ideas as to what could be wrong?

    ssh onto your A@H box, and drop into an Asterisk console
    with 'asterisk -rc'. You'll be able to watch what's happening in real
    time - perhaps it's throwing up some error messages?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    17:54:23 up 6 days, 11:51, 0 users, load average: 0.13, 0.18, 0.12

    alexd, May 26, 2006

  3. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    alexd wrote:
    > paul123 wrote:
    >
    > <snip tale of woe>
    >
    > > Any pointers/ideas as to what could be wrong?

    > ssh onto your A@H box, and drop into an Asterisk console
    > with 'asterisk -rc'. You'll be able to watch what's happening in real
    > time - perhaps it's throwing up some error messages?

    I'll have a go at that over the weekend Alex, thanks.

    paul123, Jun 2, 2006