Asterisk@home & Sipdiscount & one way ausio

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Sparks, Oct 14, 2005.

  1. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    I have created a sipdiscount account and credited it with 5 Euros, however,
    I am only getting one way audio (I can't hear people I call, but they hear
    me)
    I do hear about 0.25 of a second of audio when the phone is lifted, then
    nothing...

    I also have an accounts with Sipgate, VoIPCheap & FWD, all of these are
    fine.

    I am using the same trunk settings as Sipgate.

    Here is my PEER details for sipdiscount.
    allow=ulaw&alaw
    authuser=USERNAME
    canreinvite=no
    disallow=all
    dtmfmode=info
    fromdomain=sipdiscount.com
    fromuser=USERNAME
    host=sip.sipdiscount.com
    insecure=very
    qualify=yes
    secret=PASSWORD
    type=peer
    username=USERNAME

    I have forwarded the following ports to my asterisk box
    5030-5070 UDP
    8000-8010 UDP
    4560-4570 UDP

    Any pointers would be appreciated!

    Sparks...
    Sparks, Oct 14, 2005

  2. Sparks

    Steve B Guest

    Hi there,

    >I have created a sipdiscount account and credited it with 5 Euros, however,
    >I am only getting one way audio (I can't hear people I call, but they hear
    >me)
    > I do hear about 0.25 of a second of audio when the phone is lifted, then
    > nothing...
    >
    > I also have an accounts with Sipgate, VoIPCheap & FWD, all of these are
    > fine.
    >
    > I am using the same trunk settings as Sipgate.

    I can offer no solution but can tell you I have exactly the same issue as
    you. However, I am using an ATA and not Asterisk. I wonder if everyone has
    this issue?

    Steve
    Steve B, Oct 17, 2005

  3. Sparks

    Steve B Guest

    Hi there,

    Steve B, Oct 17, 2005
  4. Thus spaketh Steve B:
    > Hi there,
    >

    >> I have created a sipdiscount account and credited it with 5 Euros,
    >> however, I am only getting one way audio (I can't hear people I
    >> call, but they hear me)
    >> I do hear about 0.25 of a second of audio when the phone is lifted,
    >> then nothing...
    >>
    >> I also have an accounts with Sipgate, VoIPCheap & FWD, all of these
    >> are fine.
    >>
    >> I am using the same trunk settings as Sipgate.

    > I can offer no solution but can tell you I have exactly the same
    > issue as you. However, I am using an ATA and not Asterisk. I wonder
    > if everyone has this issue?
    >
    > Steve

    I have managed to get sipdiscount to work with my PAP2 ATA.

    Proxy: sip.sipdiscount.com
    Outbound Proxy: nat.voiptalk.org:5065
    Use Outbound Proxy: Yes
    Use OB Proxy In Dialog: Yes