    unsure how I am supposed to do it with A@H!)

    Ta!

    Sparks...
    Sparks, Jul 23, 2005

  2. Sparks

    Davew Guest

    Sparks wrote:
    <SNIP>

    > I want to be able to just dial numbers without prefixing, and not having to
    > add 0044 to the beginning.
    >
    > What do I need to add to the Dial Pattern so this will work, for 020 for
    > example?

    <SNIP>

    Hi Sparks,

    See this previous post and see how you get on:
    http://tinyurl.com/8ygnc

    You'll need to substiute your area code for mine and add '*006' or
    whatever prefix you require to the begining of each statement.

    The above method probably isn't the *best* but it certainly works.
    Davew, Jul 23, 2005

  3. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    "Davew" <daviey.walker*spam*virgin.net> wrote in message
    > Sparks wrote:
    > <SNIP>
    >
    >> I want to be able to just dial numbers without prefixing, and not having
    >> to add 0044 to the beginning.
    >>
    >> What do I need to add to the Dial Pattern so this will work, for 020 for
    >> example?

    > <SNIP>
    >
    > Hi Sparks,
    >
    > See this previous post and see how you get on:
    > http://tinyurl.com/8ygnc
    >
    > You'll need to substiute your area code for mine and add '*006' or
    > whatever prefix you require to the begining of each statement.
    >
    > The above method probably isn't the *best* but it certainly works.

    Thanks for that, it now works if I dail the full UK number (020 8XXX XXXX
    etc...)
    I now want to get it to work with my area code. but I cant seem to get this
    to work :(

    My area code is 01689 the next bit wil start with a 6, 7 or an 8, followed
    by 5 digits
    Can someone please point me in the right direction!

    Ta!!
    Sparks...
    Sparks, Jul 23, 2005
  4. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    > Thanks for that, it now works if I dail the full UK number (020 8XXX XXXX
    > etc...)
    > I now want to get it to work with my area code. but I cant seem to get
    > this to work :(

    Okay, I have got it now!!

    For anyone else who is doing this,
    I have the following in my Outboaund Routing -> VoIPBuster -> Dial Pattern
    0|Z.
    6.
    7.
    8.

    In the Trunks -> VoIPBuster -> Dial Rules I have the following
    0044+XXXXXXXXXX
    00441689+XXXXXX

    From a phone conencted to the Asterisk box, I can now dial an 01 or 02
    number wihout prefixing, Asterisk then inserts 0044 then removes the first 0
    of the dialed number.

    I can dial any local number starting with 6, 7 or 8 followed by 5 numbers,
    it will then add 00441689 in front automaticlly.

    Sparks...
    Sparks, Jul 23, 2005
  5. Sparks

    Tim Clark Guest

    In article <42e266f7$0$38046$>,
    "Sparks" <> writes:
    >> Thanks for that, it now works if I dail the full UK number (020 8XXX XXXX
    >> etc...)
    >> I now want to get it to work with my area code. but I cant seem to get
    >> this to work :(

    > Okay, I have got it now!!
    >
    > For anyone else who is doing this,
    > I have the following in my Outboaund Routing -> VoIPBuster -> Dial Pattern
    > 0|Z.
    > 6.
    > 7.
    > 8.
    >
    > In the Trunks -> VoIPBuster -> Dial Rules I have the following
    > 0044+XXXXXXXXXX
    > 00441689+XXXXXX
    >
    > From a phone conencted to the Asterisk box, I can now dial an 01 or 02
    > number wihout prefixing, Asterisk then inserts 0044 then removes the first 0
    > of the dialed number.
    >
    > I can dial any local number starting with 6, 7 or 8 followed by 5 numbers,
    > it will then add 00441689 in front automaticlly.

    What have you got against those in 01689 whose local numbers start with
    a 2 or 3? OK, in the case of 01689, no local numbers happen to start
    with 4, 5, or 9 at the moment. A general case, applicable to any UK
    geographic area, would be to code it interpret any initial digit 2 to 9
    inclusive as meaning the start of a local number - effectively what
    happens at the telco for a standard line line.

    --
    Tim Clark
    Tim Clark, Jul 25, 2005
  6. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    > What have you got against those in 01689 whose local numbers start with
    > a 2 or 3? OK, in the case of 01689, no local numbers happen to start
    > with 4, 5, or 9 at the moment.

    Nothing at the moment, as AFAIK all 01689 local numbers start with a 6, 7 or
    8

    > A general case, applicable to any UK
    > geographic area, would be to code it interpret any initial digit 2 to 9
    > inclusive as meaning the start of a local number - effectively what
    > happens at the telco for a standard line line.

    Does it?

    I had to ring my local exchange when I got my Sipgate number (starting with
    a 7) as it wouldnt work unless I dialled the entire number, they did
    somthing, then it worked.

    Sparks...
    Sparks, Jul 25, 2005
  7. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    "Sparks" <> wrote in message
    >> What have you got against those in 01689 whose local numbers start with
    >> a 2 or 3? OK, in the case of 01689, no local numbers happen to start
    >> with 4, 5, or 9 at the moment.

    (I have now updated it to read the following, wich seems to work)
    0|Z.
    [2-9].

    Sparks...
    Sparks, Jul 25, 2005
  8. Sparks

    davew Guest

    Sparks wrote:

    > (I have now updated it to read the following, wich seems to work)
    > 0|Z.
    > [2-9].

    Isn't that what i said in a previous post on this same thread?

    http://tinyurl.com/8ygnc
    davew, Jul 25, 2005
  9. Sparks

    Tim Clark Guest

    In article <42e4bd0a$0$38046$>,
    "Sparks" <> writes:
    >> What have you got against those in 01689 whose local numbers start with
    >> a 2 or 3? OK, in the case of 01689, no local numbers happen to start
    >> with 4, 5, or 9 at the moment.

    > Nothing at the moment, as AFAIK all 01689 local numbers start with a 6, 7 or
    > 8

    The range 01689 20XXXX has been allocated to Redstone since March 2001
    and 01689 30XXXX to BT since April 1995, so there ought to be some
    numbers around like that, or Ofcom will want to slap the wrists of
    whichever telco requested a range and didn't use it.

    >> A general case, applicable to any UK
    >> geographic area, would be to code it interpret any initial digit 2 to 9
    >> inclusive as meaning the start of a local number - effectively what
    >> happens at the telco for a standard line line.

    > Does it?

    Sorry, my clumsy typing. What I meant to type was: "effectively what
    happens at the telco for a standard LAND line." The exchange sees an
    initial digit starting 2 to 9 and so know you're dialling a number
    within the local dialing code. It doesn't mean they'll always handle it
    correctly though, as your experience shows:

    --
    Tim Clark
    Tim Clark, Jul 25, 2005